(2/12/02) How Many dry suit divers are out there? what kind of dry suit do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Tavi
Roughly what do the undergarments cost?

Thanks,

I haven't been price shopping for awhile, but the range is from about $150-$450 or so, depending on the manufacturer, type, and quality. I think I paid about $150 or so for my Bare 200 in Canada (exchange rate is awesome!).

Mike

Rather than buy a wetsuit now and a drysuit later, I've been watching e-bay. The occasional "good deal" shows up. but not many that will fit me everywhere. Is the TLS350 okay for wreck diving or would a sturdier material be better?

I really have no idea, Tavi. I haven't even seen one. I've seen a lot of CF200's up here that look as tough as nails, but no TLS suits. If I had to buy a suit, I would thoroughly look into the TLS suit.

Mike

The TLS350 is a trilaminate. Nylon butylrubber nylon.

Anybody got an opinion on this suit for wrecks?

If not, sorry for the interuption.
We now return you to the previously running thread.
:)

I just bought a Typhoon Tracer for $300. I couldn't pass up such a good deal. Does anyone have any feedback to this suit I haven't dove it yet but it was tested for leaks and it had none. A really neat looking suit:mean: :mean:

Originally posted by bengiddins
How did you find the FLX50/50 jetblast00? I'm looking at buying one in the next 12 months or so.

The upper is very flexible and manageble. It's really light on top to wear.
You probably know, the 50/50 is just a DUI hybrid; TLS350 from waist up and CF200 from the waist down.
The reason I'm switching is because the 50/50 was rented and when it came time to get my own, the whole suit having the toughness to it was more important to me than the light top. Lot's 'o wreck diving here... Depends on the kind of diving you're doing, I think.
Lot's of wreck penatrations? Don't mess with the TLS350 material.
Just kneeling on the outside? 50/50 sounds good.
Nothing but soft silt and fish? maybe the TLS350 suit is the way to go.
It just comes down to using the right tool for the job, but I did like the 50/50 when I diving it, never had any problems or complaints to speak of, and the light top is nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom