(2/12/02) How Many dry suit divers are out there? what kind of dry suit do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very rugged and comfortable suit--affords the snugness and low-profile almost comparable to a wetsuit. Perhaps the only drawback is the slow drying time, and when it is wet it is a bit heavy and messy to transport. A suit made of trilaminate material dries very quickly and packs easily even after the dive. But you'd need a VERY high-end trilaminate to get the durability of the CF200 material.

mahjong

solodiver:
My suit is a bare, tech 2 7 mil crushed to 2mil self entry. If you interested heres the web page for it. :yellow:

http://www.bare-wetsuits.com/bareshop/diveproduct.asp?dept_id=21010&pf_id=61316

I dive a DUI Flx 50/50 with zips, and also a DUI TLS350se (back zip sucks though). Like them both, but each have their pros & cons...

Whites Aqua Pro with "Quad flex"material. Its the first dry suit I've ever used, so its kinda cool. the fabric is stiff compared to others I've seen, but I dive a lot of wrecks with lots of Zebra mussles to i thought the fabric upgrade would be worth it. My only regret, I didn't get the self entry.... As for undies..... I pulled some wool/polypro undies and some fleece pants/jacket from my hunting clothing bin, and they've worked fin down to water temps in the low 40's. haven't done anything colder yet.

Dan

High Tide SE - But I haven't actually gotten it yet, but I am waiting.

FFMDiver:
DUI TLS 350
WAY TOO EXPENSIVE...

buy a used car instead!

So what kind of wings do you need for the car??:D

Paul in VT

DUI TLS 350 Signature series with zip seals, pockets, and kevlar butt knee and elbow pads.

I also went with the custom color overlays on this time, after gettin frustrated on a liveaboard in lake huron having to look at the tags on all of the dry suits to figure out which black DUI was mine. Also comes in handy with students at the qurries- they can pick me out.

Polly

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom