(2/12/02) How Many dry suit divers are out there? what kind of dry suit do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mobby's Armor Shell self-entry. Love it! With Thinsulate undergarment. Have tried/had several self entries, like this style the best.

A Finnish Ursuit (trilam) with front entry. And I love it. A bit like the DUI but with sturdy boots - and half the price!

Pia

DUI TLS 350 or CLX 450. Still debating. Bellows pocket left/Utility pocket right.

Hey Arduous....how do you like your 450? In comparision to others you've dove? Thanks!

Chris

Hi chrinydive:

I have dove with the TLS-350 and I think it is a nice dry suit. With the proper undergarments I was warm and comfortable. I have chosen the CLX-450 because it is made of a tougher material. At least the outer shell portion of the suit anyway. This makes it suitable to use on wreck dives and penetration dives or anywhere that good abrasion resistance is required. I also like that it has extra material around the knees, elbows and shoulders. I like the swivel inlet valve and the low profile exhaust valve.
Also at 5’9” 170lbs I use an off the shelf stock size and get a great fit. The stock suit comes in black only and that’s my favorite color. So the whole suit was a win win for me.
This is not to say that TLS-350 isn’t a good suit because I think it is. And the 350’s come in different colors which gives you the freedom to choose and customize your suit at a reasonable price.

…………. Arduous ……………..

Using a DUI TLS350 self entry, Kevlar knee and elbow pads, and Weezle Extreme plus undies. 100+ dives in this thing and by adjusting undies have used it in 38-75°F water. Love it. Currently have dry gloves from Diving Concepts on order (used a trial version in 40°F water a couple of weeks ago... must have!!

Originally posted by Arduous

stock suit comes in black only and that’s my favorite color. So the whole suit was a win win for me. This is not to say that TLS-350 isn’t a good suit because I think it is. And the 350’s come in different colors which gives you the freedom to choose and customize your suit at a reasonable price.

Thanks for your input. Hey...black is my fav color too. At least for my dive gear. :) I want get into penetration after the proper training and experince, and believe I may appreciate a more "sturdy" suit. I need dbl check a few more measurements, but I think I fit a stock medium spot on, which would be plus.

Thanks again,
Chris

DUI, TLS350. Bought the suit in 1992.

Viking X-treme. Still getting the hang of it, it's my first dry suit.

Hey Rick M. sweatshirt with hunting socks :confused: You're supposed to wear red and black plaid flannel man! Red and black plaid flannel! Didn't anyone show you how to match your clothes? Hunting socks and a sweat shirt--geez! :wink:
Ber :bunny:

DUI Flex 50/50 "custom" with 300S Polartec and added Polartec or polypro layers as needed.

Ralph

Back
Top Bottom