1st Timer!! Where to stay in Cozumel? (Mid-price or B&B's)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to bring things up to date, since your visit Las Brisas changed its name to Magic Sunset and then again just last month to Reefscape.

Prior to Las Brisas it was Costa Club, and prior to that Fiesta Inn.

It's hard to keep track of the place.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Thanks for all the info!! Turns out we are likely going to Puerto Rico instead-- any tips there, you can see my thread for Vieques.

Again, thanks for the tips, definitely going to make it to Coz sooner or later!

I stayed at the Costa Club a few years ago. Wonder why it keeps getting flipped/madeover....has anyone a review on The Bahia's rooms? I want to be in town but don't want to hear fiesta until 3am...unless of course, I am in it! :2gunsfiri :bandsmlz:

Update on the name of this dynamic hotel. Fiesta Inn, Costa Club, Las Brisas, Magic Sunset is now (as of 18 March 2004) called Hotel Cozumel Resort.

It's a good place that just can't seem to figure out what it wants to be called. The taxi drivers still seem to recognize Las Brisas.

:54:

South 4 Scuba:
Update on the name of this dynamic hotel. Fiesta Inn, Costa Club, Las Brisas, Magic Sunset is now (as of 18 March 2004) called Hotel Cozumel Resort.

It's a good place that just can't seem to figure out what it wants to be called. The taxi drivers still seem to recognize Las Brisas.

:54:

Does each of these name changes reflect a change in ownership as well?

I had heard that it did change ownership but can't remember where I heard that.
We stayed there in 2001 when it was the Costa Club and then again in 2003 at xmas when it was going through the name changes. We will be staying there in June this year, only a couple of months away.

There had been a lot of changes from 01 to 03. We totally enjoyed our stay both times. They have enlarged the beach club and restaurant across the street from the hotel and have added a small pool and massage table as well. New mattressess with foam eggcrate a real plus. We opted for AI and enjoyed the food. After an afternoon dive you can munch on nachos or cheesburgers fries etc. All you can eat and drink cokes or booze. First time I have ever checked out of a hotel w/o owing something.

Back
Top Bottom