1st set of regs (n00b) poseidon & scubapro mix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
HiHo everybody!!,

(My First Post :10:)

I am about to get my BSAC Ocean Diver ticket, a friend has offered me some kit to get started. I would like to hear your advice regarding:

I am getting a ScubaPro Mk20 first stage with a Poseidon JetStream (plastic with angled exhaust) second stage. I mentioned this to the club's chief diver and he expressed concern because he thinks one is 'upstream' and one 'downstream'. I am going to try them in the pool first, but i wanted to know if anyone has done this before, or am i a pioneer :D. Will the setup work as it should? Also the Mk20 has a piston and the JetStream is different in some way.. does this matter!

I will get it serviced before i use it and ask the LDS technician's opinion but I wanted to hear what you have to say! (and to say hi!)

Also, lots of posts mention ferocious purge's and a fierce air intake... now i'm a little worried about it! Any advice?

Howdy, and welcome to the board!
The Jetstream is only "partly" upstream, the description can get lengthy and there is a lot of misinformation floating about. Talk to a Poseidon tech for the real story.
Folks have always swapped out parts, mostly the Poseidon 1st stages are in high demand because of their dependability in temperature extremes.
If you have a competent reg tech do the fine tuning you won't have any trouble, beyond that of getting spoiled on Poseidons. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom