Question Looking for advice on DiveRite Reg Sets for technical/decompression diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why do people think that deco regs should be different from primary regs? In what ways should the be different and why? Other than saving cost, if you don't already have enough?
I was mostly looking at the 100% O2 concern, but if I get the XT1/XT2 kit O2 cleaned and ready then it should be okay to use for 100% and 50% O2.

Is there a "standard" color for 50%? I know green is for 100% O2?

Have you used the XT4 and the XT2? can you confirm the XT4 is worth the extra cost
I cannot confirm that because I just got XT4 for my BM rig and have not had it in the water.
On the surface it feels like a better breathing 2nd...but that is the surface.

I was mostly looking at the 100% O2 concern, but if I get the XT1/XT2 kit O2 cleaned and ready then it should be okay to use for 100% and 50% O2.

Is there a "standard" color for 50%? I know green is for 100% O2?
Most new regs are shipped "O2 clean". But most would no longer meet that strict definition after the first dive if not sooner. Most won't be "certified for oxygen service." Most are as good as any other for oxygen service.

Why do people think that deco regs should be different from primary regs? In what ways should the be different and why? Other than saving cost, if you don't already have enough?
Well the SP Mk2 will survive flooding, fire, and nuclear war and still breath - just never that great. So as an O2 reg it has some merits.

Reactions: L13
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom