1st PPD-DM (Dive Marathon)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chip104:
same here! I don't blame you guys. Keep 'em coming...

yup i dont blame you guys but like i mentioned there is no pressure on your part to complete all the dives. im not even pressuring myself. and honestly you dont need nitrox at all bec it would be a waste since we are not trying to prolong the bottom time. beleive me after 8 dives the feeling is not so bad. i actually felt better than a day of three long deep dives. your call.

Halthron:
I was planning to :)
Edit: Assuming D&T has it.

even if they had eanx i think it would be a waste since our objective would not be to prolong our dives, but if you think that the enriched air would give you a kick then by all means do so, unfortunately d&t doesnt have em:)

exactly. the dive objective is the number of dives.

hence they plan their dives for that.

however, reminders should be taken as concern and not as preventing the planned dives.

So all those who are joining this should go for this objective.

For those not yet familiar with nitrox:

Nitrox however is a safer mix whatever your objective is as long as it does not go beyond the safe levels.

nitrox for recreational diving to have a LESS Residual Nitrogen Loading. Utilising Nitrox for longer dives is possible but this brings you back to the same DCI susceptibility as Air relative to nitrogen loading.

SO it is all about the utilization of available mixes and OBJECTIVE.

paolov:
there you go. did they consider certified quality of air?
ya, I remember we were discussing that. It's a valid concern. I'll post it on the thread in diving med. Thanks for reminding me pao.

Thanks for clarifying the dive objective, Paolo. I thought they just wanted to explore diventrek reef.

Spoon, it would be interesting to see the outcome of this experiment- to know how many dives the average person can (safely) do in a day. Since you are inviting other divers to join - and since many have expressed concern about safety issues, why don't you post your dive plan? Will it work for your other buddies if they just plan to dive to the point of tolerance and not join all the dives? Will each diver have his own dive plan (since you have different diving abilities and physical limitations)?

Also, are you saying that doing several short dives is less taxing on the body than a few long ones? I'm interested to know because here, we usually try to get the maximum bottom time from a tank of air and frequently end up doing deco. Would it be healthier and safer to do more dives but with shorter bottom times?

CLA:
why don't you post your dive plan? Will it work for your other buddies if they just plan to dive to the point of tolerance and not join all the dives? Will each diver have his own dive plan (since you have different diving abilities and physical limitations)?

as he plan, it is Spoons planned dive and some guys are allowed to tag along ,

yet they still are responsible for their own safety.

here they are banking than Spoon has done his plans properly. I believe Spoon has done his part.

yet as in SCUBA, every diver to his own profile(computer). SO WHATEVER GOES ON is not Spoons responsibility after all he is not a Dive Pro hence no liabilities and it would also be wrong for the others joining up on this dive to bank that SPoon would be responsible for them.

Again, they should be aware that they are RESPONSIBLE for their own Recompression chamber treatment costs if ever.

I know Spoon has DAN insurance coverage so his chamber treatment and emergency transport is covered just in case. So as far as Spoon is concerned , SPoon is a responsible diver as he has covered his end.

CLA:
Also, are you saying that doing several short dives is less taxing on the body than a few long ones? I'm interested to know because here, we usually try to get the maximum bottom time from a tank of air and frequently end up doing deco. Would it be healthier and safer to do more dives but with shorter bottom times?

heathier is relative to the persons state of health hence it is not fair to discuss Spoons profile here and relate it to others. It is his planned dives and profile. It should not be transposed to other divers.

Safer, it depends, taking the PADI RDP (as other divers in the group would be PADI OW certifications), if you do a 15ft dive, it is still considered to be around 20 to 25 ft depth, if you do multilple dives and have 30 mins S.I. you will clearly see that your Residual Nitrogen Loading would build up even on shallower depth.

this is if the person is in an ideal state of health and UTILISING CERTIFIED APPROVED CLEAN AIR FOR SCUBA. <---- this is the critical aspect here.

jonix:
just wondering: is there an online version of the wheel RDP?

non , but there are programs that does multiple dive computations . thread hi-jack ka pre.

PADI has e-RDP now. check it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom