1st PPD-DM (Dive Marathon)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonix:
naaah...was thinking of simulating spoon's profile for the sake of study in this thread...not hi-jacking chief :D

tsk tsk tsk..... why simulate it..... join him nalang ... hehehhehhehehehe use your new toys.... see if you can use them in the sea. HAHAHHAHAHA.....

Im a little wary about this, come to think of it. I need a dive computer to check on my residual nitrogen for each dives. Hmmm hmm. . . need to rent.

ishbaby:
Im a little wary about this, come to think of it. I need a dive computer to check on my residual nitrogen for each dives. Hmmm hmm. . . need to rent.
You're suppose to be get wary, otherwise you would think that the marathon is just one big series of fun dives. I view it as one experiment though with the sea and its attendant dangers as the laboratory. Your psychological/physiological state is very different from the other divers. It is better to err on the side of caution. Anyway it is your call as the man said.

PM the instructors if this marathon dive is a gimme.

CLA:
Also, are you saying that doing several short dives is less taxing on the body than a few long ones? I'm interested to know because here, we usually try to get the maximum bottom time from a tank of air and frequently end up doing deco. Would it be healthier and safer to do more dives but with shorter bottom times?

i am saying that i felt much better after doing numerous short dives at shallow depth as oposed to less dives but longer bottom time and deeper max depth. as to your other question , Would it be healthier and safer to do more dives but with shorter bottom times? I personally think it depends on your dive objective but i usually try to max out my bottom times when diving. in dive n trek its the opposite becasue i also have opposite objectives which is...... dive quantity:)

clgsamson:
You're suppose to be get wary, otherwise you would think that the marathon is just one big series of fun dives. I view it as one experiment though with the sea and its attendant dangers as the laboratory. Your psychological/physiological state is very different from the other divers. It is better to err on the side of caution. Anyway it is your call as the man said.

PM the instructors if this marathon dive is a gimme.

well said. this is a personal experiment of mine. the sole purpose is to test the theories i have learned in the many classes and courses i have taken and applying it to myself. hell its not reckless for me, i planned it according to my physio state and just wanted to test myself. i do not consider it wise for someone to use my profile for themselves as that would be plain irresponsible. as with everything, its best to err in the side of caution.

Ive gotten bent once and gotten minor symptoms several times in the past from poor dive planning and plain recklessness. im a more mature diver now and have learned to listen to my body. il call it quits when it tells me to.

paolov:
non , but there are programs that does multiple dive computations . thread hi-jack ka pre.

PADI has e-RDP now. check it out.
Thanks pao, will do. Still waiting for an answer about the air qual.

@ Ish: I'm renting one from DP. As Pao said, we're all responsible for our own profiles. When I dive with others I tend not to stay at the same depth as the rest all the time. It would be wise to rent one.

chip104:
It would be wise to rent one.

its of paramount importance that you have one! if not then a set of tables and a bottom timer will do.

Back
Top Bottom