1st Drysuit Dive and My Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like you may have already purchased the F1's and if so, this is a moot point- but I have both F1's and Jet Fins. The F1's are heavy, but not necessarily negatively buoyant. Certainly no where as negative as the Jet Fins, which is what you are really after to cure your issue. If you really love your current fins, another option is to stick with them and just add some ankle weights around your ankles. The 1.5 lb ones work nicely.

Haven't bought fins yet. So your saying the Jets are heavier? I guess I'm in for Jets then.

I can't wait to do my first drysuit dive. I have a couple of pool dives lined up with my class but I'm sure that isn't the same

Rob, I have the F1's - if we cross paths you're welcome to try them.

I appreciate that a lot. Still waiting to see when you have dates lined up in the pool, might give them a go then. XXL correct?

ebay is full of used jetfins.

I can't wait to do my first drysuit dive. I have a couple of pool dives lined up with my class but I'm sure that isn't the same

I think I would have preferred the pool for a few hours first. You can set all your crap at the edge, play with trim without gloves, etc. I'm really glad I did it to at least start, but a pool would have made things easier. I'm not sure what I would have done different in my case, weight was pretty good, maybe add some, but I couldn't do anything about the fins.

My issue with jets is one size is made for small children or similar sized feet, the next size up is made for sauschage.

I have pretty large feet, I could fit in a 12, but my feet are too wide, so I go with a 13. For boots I go a size 12, but that's because they're usually cut wider.

Haven't bought fins yet. So your saying the Jets are heavier? I guess I'm in for Jets then.
I would say that the Jets are similar in weight to the F1's- but the material used in the Jets (pure rubber, basically) make them sink like a rock in the water due to their buoyancy characteristics. The F1's are more positively buoyant and cause my feet to feel and be floaty by comparison to the Jets.

My issue with jets is one size is made for small children or similar sized feet, the next size up is made for sauschage.

Yeah, Jetfins have very wonky sizing. I take a small/medium Eddy fin. Medium Jetfin was way too small. Large fits.

I have women’s size 7 feet. To give you an idea, my wetsuit booties are size 6/extra small. Size 7 Fusion boots for drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom