Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt.813

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Picked this up at a yard sale for $50 and couldn't pass up the deal. It also came with other dive equipment which I sold to a friend for what I paid. I was thinking about taking it to get serviced and keeping it as a spare, or giving it to my sister as she recently got certified. Any Ideas what model this is? and is it worth keeping?

Attachments

• image_67137537.JPG
    image_67137537.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 196
Looks like a slightly later version of the Sherwood Maximus SRB5600.
The fins suggest cold water emphasis, so maybe a newer model Blizzard instead of a Maximus. Put it on a tank and pressurize. Stick it valve down in a sink or bathtub, with a shot glass over that little black rubber bleed valve. If it bubbles between 1/2 and almost a full shot glass (13-27 cc/min) in one minute, and it's not bubbling anywhere else, you have scored a perfect reg.

I think it's an old Sherwood Magnum cos the 1st stage is shiny chrome compared to a satin one for the Oasis, Blizzard & Maximus. The Maximus has a different kinda hose joint to the 2nd stage.

If I'm not wrong, the cover has been changed.
The reg is good but breathes a bit dry.

Just my 2 cents opinion.

The model number is imprinted in the 1st stage, difficult to read often (use a magnifying glass), but with that SRB Number you quite probably have also the 2nd stage model identification........

I also have a first stage ID question - mind if I throw it in here rather than making the 1 millionth "ID" thread?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom