18L Steel Tank - advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could you explain what - in your opinion - makes ECS better than Faber?
I just don't know, but may choose to buy some tanks in Europe within a year ... 18 months... And am thinking it won't hurt to get a better idea.

Sorry to hack the tread but be careful buying cylinders in Europe if you're not living here.
New cylinders available will have only metric threaded necks and no "normal" US gas thread.
You can insert and screw in a local valve but it will come out with a bang :-(

Not sure if you will be able to pressure test it somewhere as they are not DOT approved.

US made aluminium cylinders sold in Europe are specifically made with Metric M25/2 threaded necks as US threaded necks are not allowed to be sold due to the regulations.

Sorry to hack the tread but be careful buying cylinders in Europe if you're not living here.
New cylinders available will have only metric threaded necks and no "normal" US gas thread.
You can insert and screw in a local valve but it will come out with a bang :-(

Not sure if you will be able to pressure test it somewhere as they are not DOT approved.

US made aluminium cylinders sold in Europe are specifically made with Metric M25/2 threaded necks as US threaded necks are not allowed to be sold due to the regulations.
@Ichebasje
Yes. Thanks.
And US valves with burst discs do probably not make for friendly shops in Europe either....
I am not seeing how I would get around buying European tanks for European use if & when I end up needing or wanting my own tanks there. That's why I was interested in learning about why one European maker's tanks are thought to be better than another's.

Back
Top Bottom