18" High pressure hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acteg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I use a suunto vyper air (transmitter/watch), but have been thinking of adding a small spg for redundancy. I want to run the spg over my left shoulder and down my harness strap (will be bungeed to the strap) so I am thinking 16"-17" hose would be perfect length. I haven't been able to find any SPG hoses in that length. Any ideas on where to get that length or a shop that makes custom length hoses?

Northeast Scuba Supply. Why not just use a standard 24" hose and clip it off to your left side D-ring, avoiding some clutter on your chest? You said it's only for a back-up anyway.

I keep my smb clipped to my left dring. I also run my polespear through my left dring. Its clipped to my shoulder d ring and then run through my left belt d ring as a sort of sheath so my left d ring is already pretty busy.

I guess this post is also to get some insight into how other folks are routing their backups

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I keep my smb clipped to my left dring. I also run my polespear through my left dring. Its clipped to my shoulder d ring and then run through my left belt d ring as a sort of sheath so my left d ring is already pretty busy.

That is not that busy. Many have two stage bottles clipped in to the left side and a SPG. You should be able to clip and unclip an SPG without looking and have it dialed in with muscle memory. That said other do route an SPG over their shoulder. Do a search an you will find lots of discussion on SPG routing pros and cons.

Thanks for the tip on northeast scuba supply. They have a lot of different lengths. After doing a little measuring, I think 20" (spg adds another 2" - small apeks spg) is what I need to put the spg just below my chest (could also be run under my arm and just below my shoulder d-ring, I may pursue this route). Any shorter and I can't read the spg with my mask on (technisub micromask). An 18" hose would put the spg right at my shoulder d-ring. My initial assessment of 16-17" was based on my inflator hose being 12", but once I pulled my gear out of the closet I realized the corrugated hose is 12, but the inflator hose itself is 18". I also did a search for spg routing... didn't realize it was a highly contested topic. I plan on bungeeing it to the webbing, not the inflator hose, I want those two items to be independent of each other as far as movement is concerned.

Any concerns with the braided hoses, or have all the kinks been worked out? I remember there were some issues with the braided HP hoses rupturing in the past (I have braided hoses for my LP hoses).

Last edited:
The one's that were causing problems were the MiFlex hoses, but I think they've been redone to solve the problem. I have the thicker Super Flex versions on my equipment and like the flexibility. They're available in 20" lengths.

Thanks. 20" superflex on it's way. The more I think about it the more I am leaning towards running the backup spg under my arm and bungeeing it to the webbing. Then all I will have to do is pull it down slightly to read it, and it won't be in the way of my shoulder d-ring or inflator.

Back
Top Bottom