11/28/2015 - Blue Heron Bridge Turkey Dive and Party!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the cow was a vegan.
The pork may, or may not have been a vegan... But, it likely was considering how tender it was :)

---------- Post added November 10th, 2015 at 10:26 PM ----------

MB:
I gotta tell ya, that brisket does look pretty good. Is it vegan?
I cooked a 5 lbs. brisket and the guys at work got close to .5 lbs. by the time I was "allowed" to take it in to work (so you know the people who were over this weekend were not vegan)... I am pretty sure the brisket isn't vegan. On a good note, it is "vegan free" and also "gluten free"... Letterboy is likely correct... The cow is likely a vegan, but not methane free

The best I can think, is that I am doing the world a service by reducing the gasses that deplete the Ozone layer simply by reducing this methane producing/Ozone reducing predator to our way of life:drunks:

uhhh cows/cattle aren't predators..

hehehe

I'd like to go.... usually I avoid gatherings of random humans but I've been told that people active socially have longer and better lives than non-social, so maybe I can start with this party.

So everyone brings food and drinks, right?
Is rum already chosen? how about catching something during the morning dive to grill during the party? how about deserts?

I'd like to go.... usually I avoid gatherings of random humans but I've been told that people active socially have longer and better lives than non-social, so maybe I can start with this party.

Is rum already chosen? how about catching something during the morning dive to grill during the party? how about deserts?

Seriously? half the people have a heart attack just thinking about a diver taking any marine organisms from the location to eat.

FYI. Alcohol is banned from the park.

No Rum but there has been MUR there. :wink:

Ana, we would love to have you join the fun!
You may even find out that you are more outgoing than you know!

This is a pot luck get together, but there are a few things people need to know.
1. Blue Heron Bridge is a "No Take Zone", so anything that comes from the water there is people and garbage
2. This is (I believe) a state park, or at the minimum, a county park and alcohol is frowned upon (Recently, there have been numerous sightings of people in, or near the water with beer, but it is still considered "against the rules". muR (read that backwards) has shown up at a number of events, but must be discrete and on the down low (but, it happens at every event :wink: )

Based on what is listed so far, and whatever MB brings :fishslap::
Dry goods (Plates, utensils, napkins)
Drinks (non-alcohol [suggested...])
Side dishes (like posted... get out that recipe book [or go to Publix down the street])

The key here is that we have never run out of food and everyone always has a great time meeting new members, new divers, new friends, old divers, grumpy friends and a-hole members... Like the title says... It's a dive and party!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom