11/28/2015 - Blue Heron Bridge Turkey Dive and Party!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So my vegan girlfriend balked at me when I asked her to go with me. Oh well, I guess she'll be spending the day by herself. :D

MB:
She isn't even curious about CoolTech's glow-in-the-dark nucular turkey???

Does she understand that she isn't alone and we are all perfectly happy to have other vegan entries to the line-up? We are inclusive, not exclusive for this event and respect all appetites (but, reserve the right to make fun of all appetites!)

I have a couple of vegan friends from work who have asked me to include them in this event... They ask me if I want to try their "dates" and "grapes", I ask them if they are meatless...

Honestly, she will miss out on some great fun if she wants to...

---------- Post added November 5th, 2015 at 07:53 AM ----------

So, I have this 14 lbs. turkey I am currently thawing... That's about a 10 year supply based on the amount of turkey KBeck and i eat... So, who is hungry this weekend, doesn't care if I completely destroy turkey and wants to be a guinea pig? (Notice I never mentioned the brisket, roast beef or baby back ribs, just the turkey)

---------- Post added November 5th, 2015 at 06:33 PM ----------

The list so far
Attendees and Items:
(But please don't limit yourself. It's time to crack into [-]grandpa's secret stash[/-]... uh, grandma's secret family recipes!)

Turkey and cooker (CoolTech & KBeck)
Carry somebody else's crap from the car (but not too much) and claim that it is his contribution! Oh, and... Left over Halloween candy that kids from the past three years have rejected.(MB - Local Dive Sherpa) :dork2:
Bunch of different pies, pumpkin, dutch apple, and maybe another one full of calories
(butterfb)
Veggie or bean casserole
(seeker242)
Stuffing
(DennisS)
Waaay good Pad Thai!!
(diveDiva & jimw)

Check your calendars and make your plans!

In the past we have had more than 100 show up for the event. It is fun for the entire family and a great way to meet people you have spoken with, but never met!

I am currently testing a 10.5 lbs. turkey for the event... Who's hungry?

---------- Post added November 7th, 2015 at 04:26 PM ----------

I am currently testing a 10.5 lbs. turkey for the event... Who's hungry?
So the testing confirms the outcome... I can easily say this is likely the best bird I have ever cooked...

20151107-PB071849.jpg

MB:
HEY! Cover that poor critter! Where are the underpants?

I do have other entries, such as the brisket, which was very juicy:
20151107-PB071852.jpg

Or the pork loin smoking now:
20151108-PB081854.jpg

20151108-PB081855.jpg

What? Who are you kidding. You know there are extra bvd's available at the BHB.

Yeah, good point. If we dive before "dressing" that bird we could gather briefs, a shoe, sox, sunglasses, and maybe even a string of pearls!

---------- Post added November 8th, 2015 at 03:17 PM ----------

I do have other entries, such as the brisket, which was very juicy:
20151107-PB071852.jpg
I gotta tell ya, that brisket does look pretty good. Is it vegan?

MB:
I gotta tell ya, that brisket does look pretty good. Is it vegan?
As vegan as a brisket can get...

I am now smelling this tenderloin with a chili lime rub and hickory smoke... I think I have a new favorite...
20151108-PB081859.jpg

I think the cow was a vegan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom