11-26 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very awesome frog fish! I am sure I would have missed them with that camo. How big was the female? I also like how you caught the movement in the rippling end of the Penant butterflyfish fin. Nice!

Gilligan:
Today was a plentiful pixel day.

Frogfish (male & female)
This is the largest female Frogfish I have ever encountered.
frogfish.jpg

frogfish2.jpg

holy ****. I wouldn't have noticed that female froggie if you didn't highlight it! thought it was the coral initially.

Otter:
Jim, were the frogfish out at St. Anthony's wreck?

Not on the St. Anthony.
I have a spot where there is a about a 5 foot "mound" with lots of life on it. I drifted away from it and was looking for other things on some small rocks. At the end of my dive I decided to check one more rock before surfacing and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw those two Frogfish. At first I didn't see them. Together they were almost as big as the rock. Their camouflage is always amazing.

calypsonick:
Very awesome frog fish! I am sure I would have missed them with that camo. How big was the female? I also like how you caught the movement in the rippling end of the Penant butterflyfish fin. Nice!

That female was bigger than a basketball (if you pushed down on the ball to extend its length).

Gilligan:
Not on the St. Anthony.
I have a spot where there is a about a 5 foot "mound" with lots of life on it. I drifted away from it and was looking for other things on some small rocks. At the end of my dive I decided to check one more rock before surfacing and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw those two Frogfish. At first I didn't see them. Together they were almost as big as the rock. Their camouflage is always amazing.

I had seen some big (by my limited experience with FF) out at St. Anthonys....but they were more cantalope sized then basketball sized.

ff023.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom