10am morning dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garrobo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I want to take a short cruise, no more than a 4-day, to Cozumel and want to find a ship that gets there in the morning in time for me to take a cab to a dive operator in time to do a morning dive. Most of the ships I've looked at get there around 8am which doesn't give me enough time to do a dive. Arrival at 7am might do it for a 9am dive. (The latest time for a dive boat going out that I can find is 9am.) Just not enough time. Plus the afternoon dives don't get you back in time to get back to the boat in time to re-board which is usually 6pm. 7pm would do it. My leaving location can be New Orleans, Tampa or Fort Lauderdale. As a last resort I would hook up with a cruise line that includes a two-tank dive in their itinerary. Any suggestions?

Check aldora.com

Also see if your Cozumel docking time may be "ship time" which may be different than local time (Central time) in Cozumel.

Or use an Op like Dive w/ Martin who has a shop at the cruise pier......

Most of the time, the ship time is an hour later than Cozumel time. Just e-mail shops that you are interested in and see what they have to offer. Don't assume because your cruise ship arrrives late that you won't find anything. I work with cruise ship divers frequently and can usually work something out - not always, but you will never know until you e-mail the shops and ask them - you are not going to get the answer you are looking by asking here - only a shop owner/manager can give you their cruise ship passenger schedules/policies, etc.

Also, as far as ship time goes, it will be on the time zone form where you depart. So if you depart from FL, you will be on Eastern time which is an hour later than Cozumel. If you depart from New Orleans or Galveston, you'll be on central time which is on the same time zone as Cozumel.

There are actually a lot of ships that get here as early as 7am or 8am ship time - so you should have plenty of options!

There are ops that work with cruise ship passengers arrival times. Do some searching with those provided. There are dozens of shops, with notice you will be able to work something out.
This is your best bet as your ship might not dock precisely on time so you do not want to cut it close.
I like the "cruise critic" board,
You can go to the roll call for your sailing and get others to go with you as a group to a dive op.
i once set up independant tours for 12 day Black Sea cruise for my roll call(along with a few other people)
If you do this pls pm me for important tips on how to make this work.
you might be able to set up dive trips with your cruise mates in other ports as well.Its a lot of fun!

Or use an Op like Dive w/ Martin who has a shop at the cruise pier......

What if they dock at Punta Langosta?

At least Puerto Maya is semi close to the International pier. Possibly even a quick walk compared to Punta Langosta.

Blue Angel runs a 10AM boat. But check with them, of course.

The cruise ships have specific dive companies that they work through. If the cruise ship's dive operator causes you to " miss the boat - cruise ship ", then the cruise ship will ( or might depending on the ship ) take care of catching you up to the ship. Check with the cruise ship to see if they offer diving and what happens if you miss their boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom