1000 Lumen Dive Light - SORRY :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I took my new DRIS 1000 diving last week. Went down to 25' or so on dive in the spring and during intermission I noticed there was water in the head. So unscrewed it at the neck and emptied it. Dive 2 went to 75' and it filled up even more, but still worked. Unscrewed it and emptied as much water as I could and set it in the sun to dry as much as possible. I didn't have tools or a vice with me on vacation, and the only section I could manage to get open was at the head with the 3 o-rings. I'm sure, the lens should unscrew, but it wouldn't budge for anything. So I re-siliconed the o-rings and put it back together. Went for a saltwater dive to 78' and when I came back up, it was really full of water. But it must be under pressure, because I can't get it to unscrew at all. Definitely has salt water in this time, doesn't work and the saltwater corroded everything quick and turned the water to a dark brown. DRIS customer service was quick to reply to my email and said to return it for a new light. But it's still a hassle to send back a brand new light, plus it cost me $11 shipping to send that water logged, battery filled beast back to them. Hoping I just got a lemon. Just thought I'd share that even with all the positive reviews, they aren't perfect.

Last edited:
You are right. They are not perfect. But as long as you did what any reasonable consumer would do and called the place that sold it to you, then you know that DRIS is going to stand behind it and make it right (this of course assumes that there was no gross negligence on your part causing the leaks). Mike and the DRIS team have been MORE than fair on anything I have seen go wrong. That is why if I have money to spend, I always look there. It scares my wife when I shop with confidence because it makes me want to spend more :D.

So I took my new DRIS 1000 diving last week. Went down to 25' or so on dive in the spring and during intermission I noticed there was water in the head. So unscrewed it at the neck and emptied it. Dive 2 went to 75' and it filled up even more, but still worked. Unscrewed it and emptied as much water as I could and set it in the sun to dry as much as possible. I didn't have tools or a vice with me on vacation, and the only section I could manage to get open was at the head with the 3 o-rings. I'm sure, the lens should unscrew, but it wouldn't budge for anything. So I re-siliconed the o-rings and put it back together. Went for a saltwater dive to 78' and when I came back up, it was really full of water. But it must be under pressure, because I can't get it to unscrew at all. Definitely has salt water in this time, doesn't work and the saltwater corroded everything quick and turned the water to a dark brown. DRIS customer service was quick to reply to my email and said to return it for a new light. But it's still a hassle to send back a brand new light, plus it cost me $11 shipping to send that water logged, battery filled beast back to them. Hoping I just got a lemon. Just thought I'd share that even with all the positive reviews, they aren't perfect.

Used mine on a dive trip recently and it performed flawlessly-actually two of them did as I purchased one for my dive buddy. They blew away the ones provided by the dive operator!

I know that you twist it to turn it on or off but is that the same place where u insert the batteries? For example, you twist the top all the way off, insert the batteries, twist it closed and then have to twist further to turn on? Or is one at the top and the other at the bottom? Thanks!

The light does not have a tail cap. It's machined aluminum and is fully closed on the back end. You put the batteries in through the front.

Where is the bezel to turn/ off? Also at the top?

Just used my light on a dive yesterday and I loved it. Bright and easy to use. great light thanks DRIS!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom