$100 Barrier Broken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tekkydiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Dive ops in Boynton have increased the price to $100 for a 2 tank trip... $75 for a bubble watcher. Have to image other area ops will match....

Dive ops in Boynton have increased the price to $100 for a 2 tank trip... $75 for a bubble watcher. Have to image other area ops will match....

Most of the operators in Jupiter and Palm Beach have been $100 for a 2-tank trip for well over a year, probably closer to two years. It started during the reduced load requirements under COVID. The operators south were bound to increase their rates. I'm honestly surprised it took this long.

..Have to image other area ops will match....
That's a bargain.....
There's one Jupiter charter that is $195 for a 2 tank trip (tip not included)
{ I remember back in 1996 when Tuesday dives with Starfish were $35 in the wintertime }

What was the cost about 1-2 years ago?

I usually stick to shore-diving, or diving off my friend's boat. There have only been a small number of times where I used a dive-charter, and it usually has to be something special.

They now have excuse to raise it with the increase of gasoline price.
To be fair, gas prices are absurd right now. My friend who owns a boat is constantly complaining about fuel costs.

That said, you're theoretically splitting the cost among about 8 divers.

With wages having to increase with the inflation there will most likely be another increase in less than a year.

That's a bargain.....
There's one Jupiter charter that is $195 for a 2 tank trip (tip not included)
{ I remember back in 1996 when Tuesday dives with Starfish were $35 in the wintertime }
$195 how can they charge double the competition?? Just a reminder, as far as I know, Tip is not included in any base price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom