10 years diving in Texas- Let's see your pics!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Well let's see it, your pics! I found this picture of me gearing up to dive at Scuba Point, Possum Kingdom, September 1998. I was certified in Oklahoma, in August 1998, but dove Possum Kingdom more than 100 times and the majority of those dives were in 1998-2000. Do any other Texas Swamp Divers have some old pics they want to share of diving in the local Texas waters?? Pre- CSSP we only really had Possum Kingdom, the cooling pond of the nuclear reactor (Squaw Creek), Athen's Scuba Park, Balmorhea, Travis, Blue Lagoon and, of course, the Texas Flower Gardens.

Attachments

• 1998 Scuba.jpg
    1998 Scuba.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 129
Deb, you were so young back then!! Of course, you haven't changed a bit. Owning a dive shop makes you look better and better every day.

No one wants to see the image on the back of my 1991 PADI OW card.
Thats just scary.

Then there is the picture of me standing the woods in Florida in 2001 with Bruce and my friend John. Seems strange three guys in doubles with no water in site.

Wow, the journey has been a blast and I can't image my life without diving.

Debra thanks for being part of that journey!

One of my favorites-
2004 Flower Gardens with my wife before we were married.
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/29117/ppuser/42999

Andrew

I have two 1971 photos of a younger me diving at Murray/Ok.......but they are packed away in my dad's old photo box's in Dallas though.....pretty funny photos I must say....rubber suits...72's/J valves....canvas strapped b/p....no bc and big Dacor knive!! :D

Last edited:
I has two 1971 photos of a younger me diving at Murray/Ok.......but they are packed away in my dad's old photo box's in Dallas though.....pretty funny photos I must say....rubber suits...72's/J valves....canvas strapped b/p....no bc and big Dacor knive!! :D

ahhh those were the days....

Deb, you were so young back then!! Of course, you haven't changed a bit. Owning a dive shop makes you look better and better every day.

LOL, yeah that was pre-dive shop days, before the stress, and unforgiving hours. I saw a video of myself right after I sold the dive shop last year and I was a bloated, mess. We were all stunned by the difference in just a year and of course 6 months of personal training has made. I burst into tears. I have much to be thankful for this year.

Texdiveguy, if you get those photos I can scan them for you. I really want to see them, REALLY!!!!

Crazyduck! I love that picture of you and Heather, it's my favorite! I have tried to get one like that of me and Troy but have not been able to get it yet. Maybe suring the hammerhead trip in the Spring.

Parrothead, do you have a pic???? Let's see it!

Well let's see it, your pics! I found this picture of me gearing up to dive at Scuba Point, Possum Kingdom, September 1998. I was certified in Oklahoma, in August 1998, but dove Possum Kingdom more than 100 times and the majority of those dives were in 1998-2000. Do any other Texas Swamp Divers have some old pics they want to share of diving in the local Texas waters?? Pre- CSSP we only really had Possum Kingdom, the cooling pond of the nuclear reactor (Squaw Creek), Athen's Scuba Park, Balmorhea, Travis, Blue Lagoon and, of course, the Texas Flower Gardens.

As Texans you do own half of Toledo Bend---we own the other half and Texas Flower Gardens???--we are just as close(so own just as much) out of Cameron, Louisiana...:D---It's now the La. Flower Gardens......lol

Last edited:
Here are some of mine from diving in Texas. :)

June 2005 - I had been diving just over a year at that point. Photo was taken at Balmorhea.

June 2007 - I had made a trip to Balmorhea with Beach_Bunny.

July 4, 2008 - Lake Merideth - Spring Canyon Stilling Basin

Man you really bit down into this sport didn't you Amascuba? You have done a lot in just four years! Great pics, thank you for sharing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom