10 days to Merritt's Mill Pond

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loosebits

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just thought I'd rub it in :)

And after I'm back from that, less than 3 weeks until full in Luraville!!

Merritt's Mill Pond, not Mill's Pond...

Have a good time, I'll be there in March and May. After explaining that Jackson Blue has 37,000' of mapped cave, my road trip partner inquired as to what we'd do on dive 2...

Saw that as soon as I posted, can't edit the subject though :(

loosebits:

Must be nice!

loosebits:
Saw that as soon as I posted, can't edit the subject though :(

But I can....so I did! :D

Have a great trip!

Shoot me a PM if you need a dive bud!

Where are you guys staying?

I heard that Edd has Silent submersion scooters that you can rent- http://caveadventurers.com/ that would be a blast. :D
Although in all fairness that is a specialty course after full cave- so the rumor has it.

If you guys are diving doubles what’s your average turn? Are you going to drop deco gas at the front door? (If you know what I mean.) That’s a nice long… swim.

Jackson Blue is one of my favorites. My first serious cavern dive was this site and the combination of the ‘blue light’ at the exit and the noise that rolls through the cavern is awesome. It helps that the cavern is massive.

Any chance of pictures and a dive report?
Andrew

No deco gas, we plan on diving within our limits (sixths). Might rent a scooter and just play around in the spring. Don't remember how far we get in JB but we're also planning on renting a boat and hitting Twin.

The cavern is beautiful there, best I've seen. We'll definitely have some photos, we just got some Salvo 21's plus another buddy is bringing a Sartek 18 so we should have a lot of light.

I'm really looking fdrward to getting full cave and adv nitrox under my belt then it really opens up some possibilities. You've got to get that class in and head down to Akumal with TDS this Summer.

loosebits:

You doing Appt/Full together? If so, you are troopers. My hats off to ya.

Anyways drive careful and safe diving.

Dave

Yep, whole ball of wax.

Back
Top Bottom