1 tank scuba dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know your trip dates but dive boats are filling up now -- including Aqua Safari's afternoon dive. (You're not the only ones with this idea!) It would be wise to book in advance of your cruise to secure the spaces and, if possible, reconfirm on or just before your arrival date.

I was concerned that Paradise reef would not be as interesting a dive as say, Santa Rosa wall, but it seems I may be mistaken...thanks for the info.

Paradise isn't the towering coral pinnacles that Cozumel is famous for -- it's a nursery for everything with plenty of tropicals, eels, crab, lobster & other interesting critters. The secret to this reef is to take your time -- don't swim down the reef -- float around and really check things out. Look for splendid toadfish in their caves (you won't find them anywhere but in Coz and there are plenty at Paradise -- actually, you should ask the DM to show you one or two...) But don't put your hand down -- you may land on a spotted scorpionfish or yellow stingray. In the blue you may see big grouper, ocean & queen triggers, jacks, sometimes eagle rays. If you're in the flats, look for tilefish, seabasses, sailfin & pikeblenny. In the algae, you may see seahorses, mantis shrimp and pygmy filefish. You won't get to all of these habitats in one dive and you'll be amazed at how quickly that hour passes. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom