09/07 Spanish Rocks Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the plan holds, I should be diving Spanish Rocks this Sun. as well! :diver:

hey yall, hopingto have the guys here between 7:00 and 8:00, then head down to the rocks,
but knowing my guys they will be late......!!!! im going to keep checking the board for any posts on the counditions down there... so hope to dive it this sunday....

mike

If there is room for one more I'm in. A group of us was to head to the Rocks for a dive. Just waiting for "Boats" to post some dates. Hopefully the water didn't get to churned up from the winds and rain from Ike. What time is everyone meeting at the Rocks?

You guys have fun.

There will be megadive posted in the next few days for Spanish Rocks.

When the viz is good it's a great beach dive.

Head out to the 2nd set of rocks. The viz is typically better, and there is resident nurse shark in between the rocks in one location typically.

Is there a way to identify the 2nd set of rocks? I still have horrible distance judgement while swimming out and couldn't tell 75yds from 150 yds!
is there a distinctive difference in the look?

anyone know if they are still surfing in that area as a result of Ike?

If I remember correctly there is. I believe the second set is taller. You should just surface swim out till your in about eleven feet of water and the drop down. After the first set just continue west untill you hit the second. Then you can surface for a minute to get a better idea of the distance for future dives.

hey cmost.. im trying to get my guys here between 7and8 then grab breakfast on the run
to try to get there.possibly between 8:30 and 9:30 at the latest, but not sure.
its all up in the air because of ike..... any one out there with counditions for the rocks or venice , any thing will help..

mike

BottomfeederBrodie, and Mrs.BottomfeederBrodie live very close. You may want to PM them about conditions.

I was in Clearwater Wednesday surfing, so I can't imagine things being to great rightnow.

Hopefully by the weekend things have cleared for you guys/girls. :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom