09/07 Spanish Rocks Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The better half and I slept in and missed many that were heading for Devils Den. :(

Instead we headed to Spanish Rocks.

We were greeted by pristine conditions.

Viz was 12-15 feet (good for the rocks), and every imaginable creature was out playing. The highlight of the dive was a sea turtle. We followed the turtle for a few minutes, and he could of cared less. :)

Also we managed to spot a decent sized ray which was a first for us at this location.

Our total dive time was 2 hours 5 minutes. We spent 99% on the second set of rocks.

How about a Spanish Rocks Mega dive at the end of the month???:coffee:

The better half and I slept in and missed many that were heading for Devils Den. :(

Viz was 12-15 feet (good for the rocks), and every imaginable creature was out playing. The highlight of the dive was a sea turtle. We followed the turtle for a few minutes, and he could of cared less. :)

Also we managed to spot a decent sized ray which was a first for us at this location.

Our total dive time was 2 hours 5 minutes. We spent 99% on the second set of rocks.

sounds like you had great dive, did you take any pictures? End of the month sounds great to me!

Thanks for the report. End of month sounds good to me as well. you going to start a thread on it?

Great update! Thanks!

- Boats

Is that a beach dive? What will I need?

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
Is that a beach dive? What will I need?

Yes its a beach dive. All you need is your usual dive gear and a floatable dive flag to let people know you are below the surface.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]

Yes its a beach dive. All you need is your usual dive gear and a floatable dive flag to let people know you are below the surface.
Shoot - all I got is my submersible dive flag. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom