01/11/09 Jupiter diving accident?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, it sounds like this was a bad weekend for divers.

I was fishing off of Stuart this weekend. A little after 9:00 this morning I started hearing the Coast Guard calls. We never heard the calls from the boat with the injured diver. The Coast Guard calls (from both Miami & Jupiter) referred to a "Diver In Distress". Several times they confirmed to the boat that they understood that the diver was not breathing.

I called Kevin as I have him on speed dial, and to make sure it was not him.

The Miami station kept asking it the other 2 divers were recovered. I never heard the boats response, but a short while later the Miami station came on with an advisory of a 25' Mako with a blue bimini top coming in to the Boynton Inlet with a Diver In Distress with 6 people on board and to stay clear.

The Jupiter station dispatched a chopper to the Sheriffs sub station at the marina just inside the inlet to air lift the diver.

Hello All, Oceanquest Scuba in West Palm Beach is planning a charity dive trip to help with Rob's expenses. Rob was one of Sandy's students. More info can be found at OceanQuest Scuba

Dan

All best wishes to Rob...Pixie and I are praying and thinking of you.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom