01/11/09 Jupiter diving accident?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubakevdm

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Fisheyeview just gave me a call, he's fishing up off Stuart and says that he's hearing radio traffic regarding a diver in distress near Jupiter, and that a helicopter is being sent out. Hopefully everything works out alright.

Fisheyeview just gave me a call, he's fishing up off Stuart and says that he's hearing radio traffic regarding a diver in distress near Jupiter, and that a helicopter is being sent out. Hopefully everything works out alright.

I hope the reports are wrong.
Some divers were diving St Lucie River on Friday with dive flags and following all normal protocols and a boat veered off course and ran over a diver causing him to lose both his legs :depressed:

Okay, here's the update... they are bringing the diver in Boynton Inlet to the Sheriff's station, so apparently they weren't in Jupiter. The diver is not breathing. They were diving off of a private boat, a 25' Mako. That's all from Fish. Say a prayer and I'll do what I can to relay for Fish to keep this updated.

you are talking about 2 differet accidents. The spearfishermen off st. lucie lost his legs in a hit-and-run inncident.

you are talking about 2 differet accidents. The spearfishermen off st. lucie lost his legs in a hit-and-run inncident.

My only point was that it would be (and is) the second serious dive accident on Florida's east coast this weekend. I never inferred Kevin was talking about Friday's accident.

Furthermore, Friday's accident was NOT a hit and run.

Prayers sent your way.

Please keep us updated.

Prayers to both divers

This is why I like Scubaboard...you hear a story and then get a link that guides you closer to the story. Boat hits diver, takes off...diver loses both legs...truth... boat hull hits divers both expected to make a full recovery. More accurate information is that there is more than one story happening this post.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom