01/11/09 Jupiter diving accident?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is why I like Scubaboard...you hear a story and then get a link that guides you closer to the story. Boat hits diver, takes off...diver loses both legs...truth... boat hull hits divers both expected to make a full recovery.

Unfortunately these are two different incidents.

The story of the spearfishing diver is tragic. This information leaves one with a lot of questions about the incident. I guess as more time passes and information is released we will get details about the divers progress and why the boat didn't see the divers.

This is why I like Scubaboard...you hear a story and then get a link that guides you closer to the story. Boat hits diver, takes off...diver loses both legs...truth... boat hull hits divers both expected to make a full recovery.
Two different incidents. Be careful about your tone.

Last edited:
Splitlip, not sure of "tone comment" If you read so many of the threads often they change and are updated.

My comment was sincere in trying to state that you get the information corrected by members of the local diving community where the incident occurs. There was some confusion of more than one incident being posted on this thread can and was more confusing.

My heart and prayers goes out to all the divers who were hurt this past weekend. It just reminds us that no matter how cautious we are and how much we adhere to safety guidelines we can still get hurt out there.

Diverbizz, No worries.

The Rob Murphy incident is just close to home.

Sorry for coming off the way I did.
Tim

I think that it may have been a very unfortunate weekend for diving, because I think the accident that I was being relayed information on was this one:

Dive accident reported at Boynton inlet -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

I think it may be a separate incident than the Boca one. My friend is okay, but on the radio they were talking about a non breathing victim being brought into the Boynton inlet to the sub-station.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom