Pompano/Key Largo Temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebutt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey all, any idea on water temps in Pompano and Key Largo? Thanks!

Strong winds sunday,,but saturday dive friends reported 75 degrees and almost top to bottom viz in Ft.Lauderdale.

For current Key Largo conditions, I check “http://www.rainbowreef.com/key-largo-diving-weather-report/“. I have no affiliation with them.

Best

In Palm Beach this past Saturday, which is just a bit north of Pompano, I had 77F at 40-60’. Others on the boat reported similar temps. I suspect Pompano was similar.

I was in Key Largo on Thursday 1/13. Water temp was ~75. Viz was 20' at Carysfort but may have improved since then.

I know this is a January thread but I'm getting tired of this cold water nonsense. Could you northerners please keep you cold up there?

All the layers, the thick neoprene, enough with the mid 70's already.

I'm checking the marine weather and looks like the seas will be good enough for tomorrow, but now I have to bring ten tons of warm gear to the boat, it seriously takes away for the fun. I'm ready to get back to leggings and a rash guard temps.

I know this is a January thread but I'm getting tired of this cold water nonsense. Could you northerners please keep you cold up there?

All the layers, the thick neoprene, enough with the mid 70's already.

I'm checking the marine weather and looks like the seas will be good enough for tomorrow, but now I have to bring ten tons of warm gear to the boat, it seriously takes away for the fun. I'm ready to get back to leggings and a rash guard temps.

Hey, I'm just thankful that I've not experienced the low 70s I have in past winters. Some people have I know, but I've not hit anything below 74. All of my dives in 2022 have so far been in the 74-77 range. I too am ready for 80+ but just glad I've not run into anything in the upper 60s or low 70s!

I've been diving a new 7mm so I've been SUPER TOASTY!!!

I've been diving a new 7mm so I've been SUPER TOASTY!!!
7mm? Nope , I'll cut the dive short but no way I'll use a 7.
I've been using a 5mm and I'm sick of it, yeah I'm toasty but takes me too long to put it on and I just don't have the mobility I like.
Makes me remember why I got rid of all my dry suits, even the one that people had the nerve to say it felt like wearing a 3mil.

7mm? Nope , I'll cut the dive short but no way I'll use a 7.
I've been using a 5mm and I'm sick of it, yeah I'm toasty but takes me too long to put it on and I just don't have the mobility I like.
Makes me remember why I got rid of all my dry suits, even the one that people had the nerve to say it felt like wearing a 3mil.

I have 2 drysuits and hate them now. I should probably sell them. My new Bare 7mm is an Reactive 2021 and it ROCKS. So easy to slip on and not nearly as confining as the 7mm suits of old.

Reactions: Ana
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom