Why doesn’t DEMA open to the general public?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You mean like SHOT SHOW which is open to dealers like me, but not the general public like you? Lol. Google it. Largest gun show on the planet every year, not opened to the public.
Apparently you have never been to a Gun Show, the primary purpose at all but the NRA annual meetings is to actually sell firearms and merchandise. I have spent several thousand dollars purchasing merchandise and firearms at gun shows over the last 3.5 decades, although these days they tend to have higher prices than gun stores and no longer have the deals we used to get at them.
So from your experience it's was a success

I know Trade Shows are different as I literally spent much of my childhood and was later a buyer for the family business in Trade Shows for the Landscaping and Plant Growing Industry in Florida. My point was that almost all public gun shows are there to cater and sell to the general public and the only publicly attended gun show I am aware of that does not actually sell firearms to the general public is the NRA Annual Meetings, although you can see the newest products and handle most of them. As the Shot Show is a Trade Show I did not include it as it is not a publicly attended show.
So you are in favor of DEMA being open to the public.

So you are in favor of DEMA being open to the public.
It doesn't really matter what any of us are in favor of.

DEMA doesn't listen to consumers

DEMA doesn't listen to wholesale buyers.

DEMA doesn't listen to it's members.

All DEMA listens to is the directors.

I have looked at every thread. He hasn’t positively contributed to a single one. Lol
I'm glad your dive outlet is doing great. I'm quite certain from your perception scuba doesn't need to bolster its image to the next generation of divers.
YouTube reruns of Sea Hunt may get film producers to create a modern version.

Sounds like the dive industry needs a union.

Sounds like the dive industry needs a union.
We Tried that about 15 years ago. The reason DEMA has such a hold on the industry is that dove shop owners are scared to leave the place their training agency is.

We Tried that about 15 years ago. The reason DEMA has such a hold on the industry is that dove shop owners are scared to leave the place their training agency is.
I understand the local dive shop is more loyal to the supplier than it's customers. Was never a problem for me. If you have connections, there is always someone willing to sell and buy. I know most dive shops are looking for the easy money.

Anyone deciding to get in on the used scuba market, could do quite well. I didn't get into scuba until much later. The cost factor: training, gear, vacations.

It's why DEMA hates ScubaBoard. We listen to everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom