Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

are you the photographer for the images if purchased on the tour? i imagine it is hard to get those cool shots now that tourists are required to wear the ugly life vests... not like your video where people are free diving

are you the photographer for the images if purchased on the tour? i imagine it is hard to get those cool shots now that tourists are required to wear the ugly life vests... not like your video where people are free diving
Yes. I go several times a week when I am scheduled and do photos / videos. It is different now with the new regulations and life jackets. You can still get great images. If you are a strong swimmer you can get below the surface for few seconds and get your shot.

Once again its whale shark season in the the Mexican Caribbean. As in past years Blue H2o Cozumel is giving a 10% discount for Scubaboard members. Plan and book now for a once in a lifetime experience. Group rates available. www.blueh2ocozumel.com

Would the 10% off apply to the private trip as well?

I was planning on doing this during my dry day my last trip there, but the early AM ferry wasn't running at the time, which made it impossible without an overnight stay on mainland. Is it now? June 4th will be my dry day this trip.

Anyone doing day boats from Coz?
It's too far, around 60 miles, to take a boat from Coz to where the shoals form. The map below shows distance to Isla Mujeres, and they usually feed north of there. This thread is in part about one-day trips available. If one day is all you can do, it's a great experience. We did our Dominoe diving at the end of our trip, relocating to Holbox for three nights before flying home from Cancun and Isla Mujeres is also a choice, but whatever works for you.

7474878_fbs.jpg

Anyone doing day boats from Coz?
Permits for the whale sharks are only available to boats from Isla Mujares amd Holbox. Boats from Cozumel would be illegal and risk fines and possible impoundment of boat if caught by Conanp in the restricted area. The area is a protected zone and it involves endangered species so it is patrolled often.

I was planning on doing this during my dry day my last trip there, but the early AM ferry wasn't running at the time, which made it impossible without an overnight stay on mainland. Is it now? June 4th will be my dry day this trip.
We can pick you up at any hotel you go to on the mainland. We even have a deal where you can go to Playa the day before and stay at the Tukan Hotel. We pay for the hotel and will pick you up next morning to do the tour. This is not part of the discount.

Back
Top Bottom