Whale Shark Tour Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaysun1327

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Will be in Playa del Carmen in August and would like to do a whale shark snorkeling tour, however there seem to be as many whale shark tour operators and dive ops on Cozumel. Does any have any recommendations for whale shark tour operators?

Thanks

I used Blue H20 last year and was happy with them. They also give a 10% discount to scubaboard members.

Blue H2o Cozumel is as far as I have seen, the only whale shark tour operator from Cozumel. Anybody else who is offering tours on the island is a reseller and collecting commission and are not the tour operator. They sell for a few companies that are either in Cancun, Isla Mujares or Playa Del Carmen. Blue H2o does their own tour and leaves from Cozumel daily. Blue H2o also operates on the mainland. Blue H2o does give SB discount. In Playa Del Carmen there are only a few actual operators that do the tours. Most dive shops are selling for them.

Will be in Playa del Carmen in August and would like to do a whale shark snorkeling tour
You want an op in PDC I guess, not in Cozumel.

Domino shark viewing can vary with the weather and the shoal itself. My home bud and I went in August, driving to Chiquilá years before Google updated their maps (quite an adventure getting there then!), and taking the ferry to Holbox for three nights, two days with the sharks. There is a new hiway shortcut from PDC to Chiquilá now, and Holbox is such a delightful island to visit with other excursions possible.

It might be easier to travel to Isla Mujeres and spend a few nights there.

Back
Top Bottom