Where to find Adobe Air for Mac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You need Air to install shearwater (or anything else written in machine code), not to run it. Once the software such as shearwater cloud is resident, you may run it and upgrade without needing Air.
Thank you for this - I've spent a lot of time on it and it still doesn't install/run properly (Shearwater Cloud) - I get an error that it is an issue with Adobe Air.

I've given up, for now, I'll use my iPhone and iPad instead. Hopefully, Shearwater will eventually abandon the Adobe requirement.

Thank you for this - I've spent a lot of time on it and it still doesn't install/run properly (Shearwater Cloud) - I get an error that it is an issue with Adobe Air.

I've given up, for now, I'll use my iPhone and iPad instead. Hopefully, Shearwater will eventually abandon the Adobe requirement.
No one abandons the Adobe requirement, which is why Harman still supports it. It's written in machine code, and there is no way to get the machine code on your machine aside from rewriting all of the code in Matlab, which uses (guess what) machine code. No matter what they would use, it needs something else to install properly.

I don't understand your reluctance to download Adobe Air from the Harman website. They still support Adobe Air, even if Adobe doesn't.

But to each their own.

I don't understand your reluctance to download Adobe Air from the Harman website. They still support Adobe Air, even if Adobe doesn't.

It wasn't reluctance, I didn't find that link; I looked on Harlan and didn't find it. Thanks for providing it, that did the trick.

It's written in machine code, and there is no way to get the machine code on your machine aside from rewriting all of the code in Matlab, which uses (guess what) machine code. No matter what they would use, it needs something else to install properly.

What? Matlab? Are you sure?

What? Matlab? Are you sure?
I am a mere neophyte, but when I program something in Matlab it translates it into C++ which compiles without a hitch. If it does that, which certainly exceeds my C++ experience, I figure it must be umbilically connected somehow.

I had to install a National Instruments software (multiSim) for a DC circuits class I'm taking. It ate all of my (only runs on PC) other machine software, including all of my CANbus programmers, and now I can't install the proper drivers even if I download the patches. The class has 6 weeks to run, and I'm essentially finished, but I hate to uninstall the software until I receive the final grade.

I am a mere neophyte, but when I program something in Matlab it translates it into C++ which compiles without a hitch. If it does that, which certainly exceeds my C++ experience, I figure it must be umbilically connected somehow.

I had to install a National Instruments software (multiSim) for a DC circuits class I'm taking. It ate all of my (only runs on PC) other machine software, including all of my CANbus programmers, and now I can't install the proper drivers even if I download the patches. The class has 6 weeks to run, and I'm essentially finished, but I hate to uninstall the software until I receive the final grade.

machine software?

Make sure you have plenty of RAM then just have a bunch of virtual machines for each class or project. Install fresh windows instances in each VM and delete them when done.

I learned everything I know about the quality of nuclear engineering when I had to recode the real work part of an audio room equalisation system in assembler for an arm given the matlab driven by some VB running on a PC. That had been written by a bloke who had previously worked on nuclear stuff, allegedly. A long time ago and especially entertaining for getting to play games with making stuff faster by adding NOPs.

I am mildly surprised if you are getting c++ out of matlab unless you are targeting some embedded device, which maybe you are given your CanBus etc.

I am also surprised that Shearwater use AIR. I lie on my CV and claim to have been in jail for the time I had to use Flex, which is the precursor to AIR. These days everything like that is html5 and JavaScript. In special entertainment you can now compile c++ to web assembly, which is basically very simple javascrpt.

Why are you learning c++? These days all the kids are using go or rust. It is generally much more important to surf the wave of “it will be great next week” rather than getting bogged down with technology that can work today or people expect stuff to actually get done and work.

Why are you learning c++? These days all the kids are using go or rust. It is generally much more important to surf the wave of “it will be great next week” rather than getting bogged down with technology that can work today or people expect stuff to actually get done and work.
I needed 3 credits. It was C, C++ or Python. I asked at work, the Navy is still in the dark ages, using C or C++. I took C++. Matlab was for me. MultiSim was for a class. I have come to the conclusion that I do not have the patience to learn to code, although it doesn't seem difficult, it isn't how my mind works. The degree (I'm in the final semester) is nuclear engineering. Nukes aren't that smart, we've just been told our entire lives that we are. We're more idiot savant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom