Talked to Scubapro US yesterday and they said the Mk19 is a go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would also like to know what other regs are environmentally sealed, replaceable orifice, and swivel turret. I don’t care if it’s piston or diaphragm. Not really. Though I have the impression that all other things being equal, I’d probably rather have a piston.
As far as I am aware, the mk19evo might be one of the only diaphragms with a replaceable orifice and pivoting turret. Even with Apeks, you pick one or the other.

As for Piston regs, i believe they use a high pressure seat rather than the orifice (Its late here), and most are replaceable as they are imprinted by the piston knife edge. So essentially you're looking for pivoting turret and environmentally sealed. Atomics has one. Scubapro mk25 is not environmentally sealed. Someone else chime in, its past my bed time...

Yes? Means the same thing as swiveling.... Your question?

No question except to make sure that he means what I thought he meant, a rotating turret. All is cool now :)

Scubapro used to manufacture piston first stage with environmentally sealed balance chamber. I own two MK5 and one MK10 with SPEC.
Never understood why they abandoned this technology, which worked very well and is currently employed by Atomic.

Yes? Means the same thing as swiveling.... Your question?

Actually, from an engineering and "English" point of view, do "swivel" "rotating" and "pivoting" all mean exactly same thing or are there subtle differences when used to talk about mechanical devices? I think that they have subtle differences but I am not exactly sure how and what.

Never understood why they abandoned this technology, which worked very well and is currently employed by Atomic.

I've seen a fair number of reasons that this is a less than optimal solution....

Actually, from an engineering and "English" point of view, do "swivel" "rotating" and "pivoting" all mean exactly same thing or are there subtle differences when used to talk about mechanical devices? I think that they have subtle differences but I am not exactly sure how and what.

I suppose from a purely English language point of view, swivel might carry a connotation of being able to turn in more than one plane, where rotate and pivot generally connote turning in only one plane.

In the context of a 1st stage turret, they're all the same. But, in another context, maybe there might be a subtle distinction.

I suppose from a purely English language point of view, swivel might carry a connotation of being able to turn in more than one plane, where rotate and pivot generally connote turning in only one plane.

In the context of a 1st stage turret, they're all the same. But, in another context, maybe there might be a subtle distinction.
In the context of a 1st stage turret they may mean the same thing, but I would think that pivot might distance itself from the other two terms. I can only think of a pivot foot in basketball. 'Rotate' and 'Swivel' I take to mean that there is a central point in the mass that's turning, but a pivot? A pivot could be off center of the mass that's turning........Kobe!

Back
Top Bottom