Peeing Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually get in the water early and pee while waiting for the other divers to enter the water. during the descent, I'll pull open the neck of my wetsuit to let new water in and suck in my tummy to get the water to flow down towards peepee zone. Whoever pees in their suite while standing on deck is an animal.

Yup. That and If you have to go towards the end of a dive (Ex. You know you’ll be feet dry in 10 minutes)...just hold it and wait till you get out (access to a head or restroom) so you don’t hop out of the water reeking of piss.:popcorn:

I also utilize the approach outlined above.

Plus I dive a 5mm wetsuit for lower back and leg support, so opening both the neck and wrist seals during the dive allows me to better regulate my core body temperature.

Plus I dive a 5mm wetsuit for lower back and leg support, so opening both the neck and wrist seals during the dive allows me to better regulate my core body temperature.

I only have a 7mm one piece for local diving and when the water is in the mid-60's or higher, it's actually too warm so I ditch the hood and constantly need to pump new water into the suit to cool off.

I only have a 7mm one piece for local diving and when the water is in the mid-60's or higher, it's actually too warm so I ditch the hood and constantly need to pump new water into the suit to cool off.

Better to be too warm and be able to flush cold water through the suit than to be too cold and wishing you had to pee..... :rofl3:

not to mention any names, you know who you are, got a buddy who more than once while waiting for others to get to shore dive spot has said, "man I gotta get my wetsuit, I have to pee."

Peeing on the boat is just nasty. But once I’m in the water and break the seal, it’s just a long series of peeing at different velocities.

Oohh, that explains why I felt so warm that day diving in Pompano! :D

Pee in the water may not be such a problem. A recent study in Cornwall found that regular surfers had 3 times the normal amount or MRSA bacteria in their gut. I should imagine regular divers get as much exposure to water as surfers.
On a boat in Portugal the skipper said "the ladies toilets are through that door, the gents are at the stern with the panoramic view.

So much so that it's got me thinking real hard about going dry suit. I feel like we need to figure out our p-valve solution before we even embark on dry suit ownership/renting/class.
I dive all through winter. I started wearing a drysuit for winter 2012 and managed 6 winters without a pee valve. My first two dives of winter 2018 I was so desperate that I immediately bought a pee valve and installed it.

I now pretty much dive all year around in the drysuit and the pee valve is so awesome - especially on 2-3 hour dives.

Pee valves are so easy for blokes but no so easy for the ladies.

My first two dives of winter 2018 I was so desperate that I immediately bought a pee valve and installed it.

If I understand how long it takes to install a pee valve, you must have been in a knot and a half by then!

Back
Top Bottom