It finally happened: I peed in the dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ill get you the actual name when I get home, it's a type of iodine prep in a plastic applicator you snap like a glow stick and rub on your penis.

I had to read this about 6 times before I realized you said like a glowstick. I'm imagining rubbing a glowstick type substance on my junk before a dive. I was thinking maybe to see better? Night dives?

Was a good laugh for sure...

I had to read this about 6 times before I realized you said like a glowstick. I'm imagining rubbing a glowstick type substance on my junk before a dive. I was thinking maybe to see better? Night dives?

hey you are still better off than me, I read it a few times (hey I’ve had a few post long swim beers) as snap his....well....yeah and rub that fluid. I don’t care anymore I’ll just piss the drysuit if that’s what it takes lol.

drinking a ton of water right before a dive doesn't make you more hydrated, it just makes you pee a lot. If you want to be really well hydrated, that starts many hours before a dive, and requires drinking something with at least a little electrolytes in it. Your body doesn't absorb a ton of water all at once well.
Forget who suggested it a while back, but someone recommended drinking however much water/drink you want until about 2 hrs before the dive, then limit to sips. I end up peeing a ton around 1-3 hours before the dive, but am otherwise feeling completely hydrated during the dive. Works well for me, but I've only done that a dozen or so times.

I hook up my pee valve on every dive I do in my drysuit. It's nice to not have to worry about how much coffee or water I can have before the dive or whether there is a bathroom at the site or on the boat.

I flush the hose after every dive day with a mixture of isopropyl alcohol and white vinegar. I did have a problem one time when I forgot to flush with fresh water after disinfecting the hose. On my next dive I hooked the quick release fitting onto the hose to find that there was still a mixture of alcohol and vinegar in the tube that was now in contact with a very sensitive part of the body. My buddy just about died laughing at the dance I did before I was able to conjure up some urine to flush out the painful liquid.

Remember that over hydration is believed to be a contributing factor with IPO, particularly in divers.

It is recommended to hydrate normally, not to over hydrate.

EDIT
Just realised that in the Americas they tend to use IPE rather than IPO

Where did you find this info? I was checking here:
Divers Alert Network, Immersion pulmonary edema (IPE) in a new, healthy diver

but it does not say anything about over-hydration and immersion pulmonary edema (if this is what you refer to when you say IPE)

Here is a pic.

Attachments

• 20200804_021830.jpg
    20200804_021830.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 97
Where did you find this info? I was checking here:
Divers Alert Network, Immersion pulmonary edema (IPE) in a new, healthy diver

but it does not say anything about over-hydration and immersion pulmonary edema (if this is what you refer to when you say IPE)

Look at the BSAC site

The BSAC has been looking at this since the 80's i think.
Now the data has firmed up its being integrated into the Diver Training Courses.

The video presentation by Dr Peter Wilmshurst is excellent.

There is also a downloadable pdf.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom