My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not going to choose sides at all. What I will say is my deep instructor told me we are on hold.

I'm mad at myself right now, for some reason since returning after a few years out of the water I'm having trouble controlling my ascents. I think I have figured out why and will be practicing once or twice a week till I have it perfect again. Thatis my expectations for myself and he knows it. Once I have it I will finish retaking deep and start tech.

I really appreciate DRIS speaking up. It sounds like this is way more than a physical ability problem and extends well into attitude and judgement issues. Which doesn't surprise me at all given my past interactions with Marie. I know everyone wants to believe that anyone can learn and improve enough to achieve whatever their goals are, but the reality is not everyone is capable. 4 years is a long time to work with an incredibly difficult customer. It's tough if they have the right attitude and mindset. I'm glad they spoke up and defended their reputation.

Attitude is huge.

will and want is one thing but the inability to listen and learn and stubborn as f*** is another.
I used to think everyone can learn and be taught.......... years of self employment has taught me I was wrong and lots of people just can’t regardless of effort.

I hope the best for her and she can accomplish her dreams to be a deep wreck diver but to stay safe. Nothing down there is worth dying for.
I don’t know her or DRIS so this is based strictly on her posts of constant struggles with everything.

Speaking as someone who knows (and dived with) @Marie13, yes, she can be extremely difficult and "in your face". However, she wouldn't raise an eyebrow in the Northeast. "A little give-and-take here"!!

I don't know of one public boat (here) that couldn't handle her attitude. I know where her attitude came from and I'm not at liberty to share. Watch Scorcese's "After Hours" Notable quote from the movie:

“- Paul Hackett: Could we have the check?
- Coffee Shop Cashier: It's on the house.
- Paul Hackett: Really?
- Coffee Shop Cashier: Sure. What the hell. Different rules apply when it get's this late. You know what I mean? It's like after hours.”

The above will make sense to some and be totally confusing to others. I just packed-up a hang-line for her. It might work for her on her new boat. She'll be back to the board someday...

I appreciate you not breaking confidence of one you seem to regard as friend
"friend" is a funny thing. If you get to know someone well enough you tend to understand their "irrational" or self-destructive behaviors.

Not to say that I approve, but she is understandable to me...

Speaking as someone who knows (and dived with) @Marie13, yes, she can be extremely difficult and "in your face". However, she wouldn't raise an eyebrow in the Northeast. "A little give-and-take here"!!

I don't know of one public boat (here) that couldn't handle her attitude. I know where her attitude came from and I'm not at liberty to share. Watch Scorcese's "After Hours" Notable quote from the movie:

“- Paul Hackett: Could we have the check?
- Coffee Shop Cashier: It's on the house.
- Paul Hackett: Really?
- Coffee Shop Cashier: Sure. What the hell. Different rules apply when it get's this late. You know what I mean? It's like after hours.”

The above will make sense to some and be totally confusing to others. I just packed-up a hang-line for her. It might work for her on her new boat. She'll be back to the board someday...
Thanks, the silence was troubling to me.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom