DRIS Braided Hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobPNW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Was looking at some braided hoses on the DRIS site and see they are listed at about half the price of Miflex hoses. I know that very early runs of some of the braided hoses had limited quality control issues.

Does anyone have any experience to share about the DRIS braided hoses? Is this an example of you get what you pay off, or are they pretty much on par with the products with higher markups? Thanks in advance.

I am honestly believing that they (any of the braided) are not as good as rubber...

I have had various braided hose from numerous sources, and they all seem to fail while the rubber ones just keep on keeping on...

I'm slowly moving all my gear back to rubber

Was looking at some braided hoses on the DRIS site and see they are listed at about half the price of Miflex hoses. I know that very early runs of some of the braided hoses had limited quality control issues.

Does anyone have any experience to share about the DRIS braided hoses? Is this an example of you get what you pay off, or are they pretty much on par with the products with higher markups? Thanks in advance.

Great question. You know, our hoses are some of the only that have NEVER had a recall, issues with fittings, or issues with a rotting interior?

You get a high quality hose, and a value price. So, no you don't get what you pay for, you get way more for your money. Of the thousands we have sold, only 10 have ever had any sort of issue. Now, maybe people didn't come back and tell us, but we've never had any major issues and pride ourselves with that :wink:

I use them on my ccr for 5 years now no issues

I've run the ones from DGX for a while. Never had an issue. Nor did I really find any advantages. Did find disadvantages, the braid gets a bit abrasive if it rubs skin over a dive, or the noise as it slides on gear is annoying. Getting deeper into the technical side it is harder to store under a strap on a stage. But I do like the smaller diameter of the MiFlex pressure gauge hoses, they package better on the rebreather.

I would not be worried about quality with the DRIS hoses. You may like them. If you wish to try, go ahead.

I generally only use braided hoses, as of now I’ve never had any problem with these low cost hoses.

Thanks folks. My motivation with the question is basically because I have a Scubapro Mk17 regulator which does not have a swivel. So I'm thinking about the braided LP hose to allow more freedom of movement of my head. I would prefer not to go with one of the swivel joints if I don't have to. I would probably keep the rest of my hoses other than the primary 2nd stage standard rubber. My alternate is in my BCD inflator.

How about the combination of a more flexible hose and an under arm routing since I have the alternate/inflator setup? Anybody care to share their experience with switching to an under arm setup? This would be for recreational diving single tank so primarily for comfort of turning my head, some extra length for sharing air if needed and streamlining.

I see on the DRIS website they have a 90 degree and a 110 degree adapter for better second stage orientation when routing under arm. I'm wondering if the 110 degree would be a better choice in cold water to reduce the likelihood of the hose bumping into a drysuit inflator center chest when turning my head?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom