Kubi Glove Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regular Kubi (Ansell) gloves are: M - 7.5, L - 8.5, XL - 9.5, XXL - 10.5. The textured heavyweight gloves are one size up, so M - 8.5 and XXL - 11.5.

I need to go check glove sizes. But I know the set that came with my 80mm rings are only good without a liner. I had to bump a size or two to get the dexterity with a liner.

I have tried a bunch of different gloves and liners. The G17K that come with the Kubi's is still my favorite glove. As they get thicker the dexterity goes away. If I had a special condition that demanded a tougher glove I would go that way. In 3 years I holed one climbing back on a boat (pinched). Changed it with the save a dry dive kit

These are the exact gloves that came with my Kubi rings. Ansell G17K.

Ansell G17K Black Heavyweight, size 9-1/2 87-118 | Zoro.com

$3.49 per pair.

The pair that came with my Kubi rings lasted me about a year before I finally got a small hole in one of them. I have bought several pairs of replacements from Zoro since then, though I think I've only had to replace one more pair since that first pair got a hole in one.

These gloves are not super thick - which I like. If I am diving somewhere where I'm worried that they might not be tough enough, I will put on a pair of protective gloves over them, rather than have to have really thick gloves on ALL the time.

The protective gloves I use are like these, same brand, except the ones I have are all black and not billed as working on touch screens.

Touchscreen Hi-Vis Polyurethane Coated Work Gloves Large

$2.99 per pair.

Just out of curiosity, what temp can you wear those down to without a liner?

I've never worn them without a glove liner. I use either the thin Pinnacle (I think they are) light blue Merino wool liners (in warmer water) or some thicker SmartWool gloves that I got from Amazon. Or the dark blue wool (I think) liners that came with the Kubi rings.

So far, in 2020, I've only dived my new Seaskin neoprene drysuit, which does not have rings, and have been using 3mm wet gloves. The water has been 50-51.

Never wore them without a glove liner either. I used to use the blue ones that came with the system down to about 65 degrees, but have tested a lot of different ones and now use either the Icelandic wool or Alpaca ones that Kubi sells, or my Santi heated gloves for the really cold water.

Interesting, thanks guys.

I wore my Showa 720's this past weekend with Burton glove liners under in 41f and was pretty comfortable. I'm not sure what I could stand without liners, I have seen others post around 55f or so.

Sorry to thread jack.

Does anyone have a source for the black Kubi Textured Heavyweight gloves? I know the standard ones are Marigold/Ansell G17K, just looking for a model on the textured heavyweights.

Does anyone have a source for the black Kubi Textured Heavyweight gloves? I know the standard ones are Marigold/Ansell G17K, just looking for a model on the textured heavyweights.
I get them in bulk from ZORO.com
They are cheap enough that is makes sense to just order a half dozen pair and only pay for shipping once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom