Bonaire airfare doubled for 2020 for Delta from AVL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup - I’m not going to go on our dive club’s trip next November as the round trip coach class airfare from Newark, NJ is ~$1,800
Round trip from Newark to Bonaire for November shows up as $765 if you do a stop in miami

I'm guessing the OP made a mistake and there were no fares as high as she was quoting.
At least, she's not been back on to answer anything about when or where.

I'm guessing the OP made a mistake and there were no fares as high as she was quoting.
At least, she's not been back on to answer anything about when or where.
I saw some ridiculous fares when I was searching. What day you go has a lot to do with it, as well as where you're flying through.

I saw some ridiculous fares when I was searching. What day you go has a lot to do with it, as well as where you're flying through.
There are always some ridiculous fares. But not ALL of them....

Bon fares have not been reasonable and competitive for a while now from the NYC area. $750-$1200 compared to $300-$400 for GCM and CUR. All nonstops. The only good think about the United nonstop from EWR is that it is no longer the redeye leaving at midnight.

I detest flying through Miami. We flew nonstop to Bonaire in Nov 2018 for under $800 round trip - that I can deal with. $1,800 is a nonstarter and seems unjustified and plain out fleecing!

From the reports I've seen, the quality of Bonaire diving has dropped dramatically as well.

Glad it will be uncrowded when my wife and I spend our 2 weeks in April :) We bought our plane tickets a couple of months ago, Philadelphia to Miami to Bonaire on AA. We paid nothing close to the prices quoted above.

3rd week of March, Boston to Bonaire, $790. Have you really searched appropriately? Nothing to see here....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom