Bonaire airfare doubled for 2020 for Delta from AVL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm flying down on Monday and I don't remember it costing all that much. While I hate American and love Delta I won't pay Delta's ransom.
Better to be late than broke.

I just booked Delta for April, using the "flexible plans" grid. Some days the fares were nuts, others not; we're going down on Friday instead of Saturday (twist my arm, Delta!) and the fare totalled $874 apiece.

Delta is crazy stupid on their pricing. I have Sky Miles with them but can usually fly cheaper with American. It was a lot cheaper to fly AA than Delta for Roatan in June for the invasion.

But, yeah, wait a bit an the prices are likely to drop.

Delta is bad about that. ATL captives rarely ever get decent prices from Delta because they don't have to with their monopoly here. For that price I can get to SE Asia. Actually it isn't all that hard to get to SE Asia for half that price.
It was actually almost $300 CHEAPER for me to fly from Little Rock to Bonaire than from Atlanta to Bonaire on Delta. The Atlanta ransom by Delta is for real!

Hmmm,

Jusg Just pulled up April 18 to 25 out of Altanta for $721 on Delta (Sat to Sat) using Kayak.

Seems reasonable.

Must be your dates!

Has anyone noticed that the airfare for Bonaire has doubled in cost? I was just looking at flights for this year and it’s over $2000 round-trip for one person. I’m only looking at Delta so I’m not sure if it’s across the board. This really sucks. Points also doubled to about 147k. At that rate I don’t think I’ll be going back. Very sad since we go 2-3 times per year. Really hoping these come down.
Yup - I’m not going to go on our dive club’s trip next November as the round trip coach class airfare from Newark, NJ is ~$1,800!!! That is absolutely insane!!

For perspective on how stupid the Bonaire airfares are, I am going on our club trip to Fiji in August and round trip coach airfare from LAX to Taveuni is $1,130.

So... Bonaire is off my list to revisit with insane airfares like that when I can get to much better diving destinations for significantly less money!

Hmmm,

Jusg Just pulled up April 18 to 25 out of Altanta for $721 on Delta (Sat to Sat) using Kayak.

Seems reasonable.

Must be your dates!
That's better by some. Still too $$ in my mind when I can get to Europe for vacation for less than $400 to many destinations, and thats further than Bonaire.

I’m flying to Helsinki then St Petersburg then Moscow. Roundtrip is way cheaper than Bonaire. Rip off.

Back
Top Bottom