Bonaire airfare doubled for 2020 for Delta from AVL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3rd week of March, Boston to Bonaire, $790. Have you really searched appropriately? Nothing to see here....
Really? How is it helpful to suggest that the Op (who appears to be located in NC from their sig) should fly out of Boston - so maybe there is actually something to see here...

Charlotte AND Raleigh both similar prices. The statement that 'Bonaire flights have doubled for 2020', is ridiculous.

To be fair, I searched Delta and American out of Asheville for mid-June and the pricing for Delta was around $1000 more per person than AA. So depending on the date and day o week she searched, she could be right.

Whether $2k, $1k or $750 it is still not competitive with other dive destinations (at least from the NYC area).

Charlotte AND Raleigh both similar prices. The statement that 'Bonaire flights have doubled for 2020', is ridiculous.
They actually did from Newark - I paid under ~$800 in November 2018 and it’s ~$1,800 for next November - so, for me, it’s more than doubled!

Whether $2k, $1k or $750 it is still not competitive with other dive destinations (at least from the NYC area).
Exactly - I don’t understand why either, since fares to other Caribbean destinations have remained relatively unchanged.

I live in AVL. I have to fly through ATL to get to Bonaire. I noted that I only checked Delta. I travel for a living so my status and points are currently through Delta. I travel to BON 3 times per year. I constantly look at the rates for the upcoming months and plan my trips around the best fares for flights so I’m extremely aware of “typical” rates. With Delta, the further out the more expensive to BON. So, I usually don’t book too far in advance. I just pulled Delta rates from AVL to BON Apr 4-11 and the flights were over $2k. I have never, ever seen that in the last 3 years. Believe me or not, pull it up. I added a pic. I hope the rates do come down as that is crazy. I don’t care how awesome BON is, I’m not paying $4k for flights. I love BON and was looking forward to going back.

I think it’s a little weird that I touched such a nerve with some with my statement. “How dare I make such a statement” albeit true.

Attachments

• 4304A627-ECFD-433A-AEDF-AF2400F9033B.jpeg
    4304A627-ECFD-433A-AEDF-AF2400F9033B.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 46
I have looked at some other weeks and it looks like some aren’t as high as I last checked so I’m hopeful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom