FINALLY... back in the water / ATX50 review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you need worldwide service go with SP MK16/550. If you want more reg for the money, go with DST/ATX. You are getting a swivel and adjustable second stg which the SP model doesn't have. Also, tech info for this regulator is much easier to obtain.

If you are not going with the 25/600 ATX FOR SURE...

even though you dive mostly warm water... you never know where the wonderful world of SCUBA will take you.

ATX's are super sweet... I always say try em before you buy em.

Good Luck :D

thanks devjr and wheezy,

but where do you get to try them first before buying? that's my problem...that's why it's so hard to decide!

I bought all my Apeks sight unseen and untried. Actually, I've bought about 95% of my gear sight unseen and untried :wink:.

Good luck,

Mike

Well there are a number of ways to try before you buy... first off call around to find out what gear is avail to rent... second just check to see what the shop guys have that (if asked very nicely they may let you try)

THE BEST WAY... is a dive club.. hands down... serious divers that have been at it for a long time.. USUALLY have lots of gear..

Good Luck :D

I almost NEVER buy something without trying it at least once..

I think I tried 7 different regs. There was something about each that I didn't like. My wife tried several too.She didn't like anything she tried. I bought a Tx-50/Tx-40 sight unseen (they were highly recommended here on the boards) I was not disapointed! My wife bought a Tx-100 without trying it first. she loves it.

If you can, try before you buy.
I tried all the rental regs, and anything else that the owners, instuctors, DM's and other divers had. One guy was even bringing in his brothers equipment for me to try. Then I trusted the advice of people here on the boards. I'm glad I did!:D

What a day... sorry... still no deep dive.. more shallow dives though... regs worked perfectly... had some more new gear to get aquainted with today... The DiveRite TPII... very nice...

see post under basic scuba discussions for dive story / MISHAP.. yikes..

Back
Top Bottom