How much can it cost....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

for me it cost PHP 7000 to go by private transport to Puerto galera. i think transport to Batangas should be slightlycheaper. i guess PHP 5000 should be sufficient.

In answer to your question, maybe. I would expect the rate for a taxi to probably be around 3000. I paid 3000 pesos for a cab from Cubao to Batangas Pier last year this time. After a week in Puerto Galera, I hired a cab to go back to Cubao for 1500. Probably would have been 2000 pesos for the return but I haggled with the guy and I think he accepted because we had arrived on the last ferry from Puerto Galera that day making it unlikely he would get a return fare. I had planned to take the bus and would have if he'd not given me a deal.

If you don't know, Cubao is an area in Manila. It's a little further than the airport. A couple hundred pesos in a taxi. There are also buses in Cubao that go to Batangas. I've never ridden one there in the evening though. Always caught the bus in the morning. About 250 pesos for a bus ticket. Possibly a cab will want to charge a bit of premium since it's in the evening as they're very unlikely to get a return fare. Make sure that you include tolls in your negotiations.

Most dive ops in Anilao charge $100 for one vehicle one way irrespective of the number of passengers (within reason).

Most dive ops in Anilao charge $100 for one vehicle one way irrespective of the number of passengers (within reason).

I'd agree it's going to be a bit more to go to Anilao. He asked about Batangas though... Much easier to get too Batangas :)

Back
Top Bottom