Getting to Puerto Galero? and best way to spend 2wks in Philippines diving +

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oraph

Registered
Reaction score
I am flying in to Manila at 4am in late Sept. I am wandering whats the fastest/ cheapest way to get to the Batangas Pier so i can book a boat to PG?
1. Does it make sense to just take a taxi straight from the airport to Batangas Pier and what is the approximate cost?
2. other option is to take a taxi to City Tower and then take a shuttle from there.. but since i dont plan to spend the night there, can i still book a shuttle with them (assuming i will only get to hotel around 5:30am) for the same day 8am departure. Risk here is that shuttle might already be sold out or they might not take reservations that late?

my history is that I made a 9 day trip to the Philippines about 10y ago and took the City Tower route (arrived day time) tp PG, from there went to Coron.
This time i have 2wks and my plan is to go to PG for a few days and then I am pretty open.. but would like to see some new places (not necessarily just diving) and would like a chance to see some Thresher sharks and minimize travel time.
any suggestions?

Take the taxi to City State Tower Hotel and catch the Si-Kat transfer. The bus leaves around 08:00am so plenty of time to have breakfast as well. Do check the service is running.
Anilao is just across the channel.

Alternatively, forget PG and concentrate on Visayas.
Plenty of daily flight from Manila to Cebu.
You could be at Malapascua on the same day as your arrival. The private transfer from Cebu airport to Malapascua is certainly expensive. "Evolution" at Malapascua get my vote.
"Some new places and not necessarily just diving"? Bohol( ferry away from Cebu City).

I think the Sit-Kat Bus/Ferry (City State Tower) is still your best, easiest and least confusing option. I live here (Subic) and I still use them. Your arrival time at 4am is perfect. A taxi will only take about 20min to get to the City State Tower Hotel and you can have breakfast before the Sit-Kat bus leaves at 8am. You can book on-line if you are worried about space...or just take the chance and show up. I kind of doubt in late September that it would be full. You can also contact them ahead of time and find out how their bookings are looking. I guess worst case is if they are full, you would have to take a taxi to the bus terminal for the buses that go to Batangas.

Facebook: sitkatbus

If you are looking for some different diving, I would be remiss if I did not mention Subic Bay! Lots of great wrecks, a bit of nightlife and easy to get too from Manila. We would take great care of you.

Yes, I would agree that trying somewhere different would be great. The Visayas are fantastic, you could do Malapascua, with either Dumaguete or Bohol for excellent diving and some beautiful beaches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom