Wrong depth on my Suunto Zoop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bent Benny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just got a pc interface cable for my Suunto Zoop and was just looking through my recent dives. 2 dives in the same day were showing that I was down around 150-200ft. I know that those 2 dives were 65ft and 50ft max, respectively.

Later dives since then have been accurate. It was just those 2 dives within 30 minutes of each other. What could have caused this? Is there any way to fix the logged dives so that they are accurate?

send it back. its screwed.

I don't think I can. I got it from an older guy along with a bunch dive gear. None of it had been used before with the tags still on everything. There was no data on the computer and he said it had never been dived. So I doubt they will take it back.

It's the Suunto DM5 software that's screwed up... not the zoop nor the cable. There was a thread posted recently and they were able to download the correct data using another software.

My friend also had the exact same issue (deeper downloaded depth profile on some dives) as well as some missing dives when he used Suunto DM5.

Last edited:
Awesome, thank you for the help. I didn't think it was the computer itself because I watch it closely during dives and never saw it read anything crazy like that.

I believe that when the computer was manufactured it was still DM4 software. Maybe that will help.

I'll try to find that thread. You don't happen to know which thread do you?

If the computer was never used before perhaps these were the test dives done by the manufacturer.

am certain they aren't. They are dives from about a week ago and all of the other information was correct.

Just checking, it happens sometimes and easily misread as your own dive. However if it's new there should be a test dive (or two) on the computer.

I'll try to find that thread. You don't happen to know which thread do you?

here's the thread i mentioned:
DM5 registering the 2nd dive of the day much deeper than it was

in my friend's case, we were dive buddies that day so we should have the similar dive profiles, mine was correct on my PC. His was deeper by 25 meters on his PC using DM5, he was also monitoring his zoop during the dive and he was sure he didn't go to 57 meters on that dive.

Back
Top Bottom