Wrong depth on my Suunto Zoop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got a pc interface cable for my Suunto Zoop and was just looking through my recent dives. 2 dives in the same day were showing that I was down around 150-200ft. I know that those 2 dives were 65ft and 50ft max, respectively.

Later dives since then have been accurate. It was just those 2 dives within 30 minutes of each other. What could have caused this? Is there any way to fix the logged dives so that they are accurate?
To make sure I understand your question:

1. Are you saying that what is shown in the software, after data are downloaded, is inaccurate data, but what the computer shows, when you scroll through its memory, is correct?

2. Or, are you saying that both the downloaded data, AND what you see on the computer screen are incorrect?

I think your question is the first one, but want to clarify.

Suunto does have some history of faulty depth sensors. So, if what you see on the computer screen itself is inaccurate, I would suspect the sensor. And, if it is faulty, the unit is pretty much toast.

I had a recent experience with my HeLO2, where I was getting false, DEEPER, depths on the screen, after a weekend of ocean diving. I took the computer home, soaked it for several days in fresh water, and it now gives accurate readings.

If it is a simply a data transfer issue, that is a less troublesome issue.

Use "Subsurface" instead of the Suunto software and see what happens.
Subsurface
+1 for Subsurface. It's free, easy to use, has both Windows and Mac versions, and has free Android and iPhone apps that sync with the computer versions via the cloud. I abandoned DM5 long ago. I was unable to locate an earlier version of the DM software which I read on SB was better but maybe you'll have better luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom