Perdix and Bluetooth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had no problems but a Windows update created some. I was told it had to do with Bluetooth vs Bluetooth LE. I used to upload direct to Divelog but now have to fiddle with the BT settings of my computer, use Shearwater then import to Divelog. Sounds worse than it actually is, but inconvenient.

Just wanted to follow up with you on this. Did you mean Diving Log 6.0 (on Windows)? Or do you mean Dive Log (for iOS)?

Just tried with non AI Perdix. Shearwater Desktop downloaded dives OK (Win 10 CE). Shearwater Cloud app on my Note 8 works OK (both downloading dives and pushing firmware update).

Yes, I run it on windows 10.
I used to download direct to DL 6.0 but started having trouble after a windows update. Spoke with Perdix and discovered that it had to do with BT vs BT LE. They told me to stop bluetooth and disconnect the port then download so it would autoconnect. ( which then resets the port) . It worked with the Perdix software but not DL. I now have to reset the port each time.

I'm unable to connect to my two Perdix AIs. Running Shearwater Desktop 3.1.5 (the current latest), it crashes as soon as I press "Start". I tried both dongles and without a dongle (my computer has Bluetooth). I tried 3.1.1 and 3.1.0 with the same results. I tried 2.5.2 and it didn't crash, but didn't find the Perdix AI, I assume because 2.5.2 doesn't support low energy Bluetooth. Sooo, I'm stuck unable to sync. I've sent Shearwater this information using their website form, we'll see if anything comes of it.

Crash info:
Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    ShearwaterConnectorPC.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    3.0.0.2
  Problem Signature 03:    599479df
  Problem Signature 04:    ShearwaterConnectorPC
  Problem Signature 05:    3.0.0.2
  Problem Signature 06:    599479df
  Problem Signature 07:    126
  Problem Signature 08:    2d
  Problem Signature 09:    System.TypeLoadException
  OS Version:    6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    5861
  Additional Information 2:    5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
  Additional Information 3:    f3d5
  Additional Information 4:    f3d5be0cad2787556264647dc02181c3

I noticed Shearwater has a mobile app so I tried that. It says it is searching and the Perdix AI is on the "wait PC" screen for connecting via Bluetooth, but no connection is ever made. The app says it works with Perdex AI but that doesn't seem to be the case. I turned Bluetooth on/off, saw "Perdix" in the available devices (in Bluetooth settings, not in the Shearwater app), paired it, Shearwater app still searches without finding the Perdix AI.

Not super happy!

Edit: I tried again, this time starting the search in the app before choosing Bluetooth on the Perdix AI and it connected. Finally, yeesh! I am updating the firmware through the app, so that is nice. I'd still like to set the start up text, but the app can't do that.

Last edited:
Shearwater sent me a new dongle, but I still can't connect to my Windows 10 laptop, which has the latest Shearwater Desktop. Fortunately, I'm only interested in firmware updates, which I can get using the Shearwater app on my iPhone.

I have two Perdix AIs, so two dongles. I think it's not a dongle problem. What were your symptoms? No dive computer found? At least I get a crash, so definitely something is broken with the software. The mobile app is a workaround for getting dives/firmware, but I want to set the start up text (and maybe start up image) to differentiate my computer from my wife's for stats and so we each have the right computer for our transmitter.

I have two Perdix AIs, so two dongles. I think it's not a dongle problem. What were your symptoms? No dive computer found?.

In my case? No computer found.

I have a 2011 Mac and according to their website, I need to use the dongle since it’s pre-2012 and and doesn’t have Bluetooth LE, apparently. No biggie, right? In the dongle goes. I also selected the Bluetooth to run through the USB dongle instead of through the regular computer way as they instructed in another troubleshoot post; you use Bluetooth selector for Mac to do this.

All that....and I have been unable to get it to connect via Shearwater desktop. Bluetooth just runs on the Perdix AI and the desktop app keeps searching endlessly. No problems with the app on iOS so i updated the firmware that way. I still want to connect to desktop on my MacBook. Plz halpppp @Shearwater. Today is day 1 with my Perdix AI. :)

Anyone else have any success stories?

Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom