Perdix and Bluetooth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At this time, I cannot get the new BT-LE Dongle to install successfully on a Win7 Pro (32bit), or two different Win10 Pro (64bit) machines, with the latter two having on-board BT LE "built in" if I understand what I have seen in the device drivers pages....

Complicating matters is that I still can't get my Desktop log (Petrel1) to the cloud so I can merge it with my Pedrix-AI..... The only thing that talks to the Pedrix is the Cloud (android) software, and it won't talk to the Petrel1.....

please, please, please somehow get this implemented!!!! Yes, I do understand you are about the dive computer first (and it is simply fantastic), but the other stuff peripheral to it is growing in demand.

I now have a total disaster of electronic log files. Going back to paper almost seems desirable.....

From another thread:
======================
I just got a new Windows update tonight.
upload_2018-4-13_22-9-11-png.454997.png

I now have:
upload_2018-4-13_22-4-24-png.454995.png

My Perdix AI connected immediately, and downloaded 48 dives that have been waiting since last year when version 1709 came along.

Hallelujah!

From another thread:
======================
I just got a new Windows update tonight.
View attachment 455673
I now have:
View attachment 455674
My Perdix AI connected immediately, and downloaded 48 dives that have been waiting since last year when version 1709 came along.

Hallelujah!

I have that update, and not the same result....

What OS are you using? I'm on a 2010 MBP and I used to be able to connect with no issues using Shearwater Desktop and Macdive. Since I've updated to 10.13 I have not been connect at all.....take that back, as I was typing this Shearwater Desktop made a connection, Macdive still has not been able to connect, I'm thinking it may be a change in Mac OS causing the issues.

I’m using Sierra but not sure if it’s 10.12 or 10.13. (I’m away from it right now.) I’ve been downloading to Macdive on iOS then syncing it with my desktop that way. I have never been able to get it to sync directly to my MacBook. Sorry I am not of more help!

I’m using Sierra but not sure if it’s 10.12 or 10.13. (I’m away from it right now.) I’ve been downloading to Macdive on iOS then syncing it with my desktop that way. I have never been able to get it to sync directly to my MacBook. Sorry I am not of more help!
No worries, I am able to get intermittent connection to shearwater desktop (takes multiple tries and more time than it should)but no connection at all to Macdive on my MBP. No issues connecting to any app on my phone.

this is the native BT that won't connect on a Win10Pro-64 box, and also won't connect to the dongle....

upload_2018-4-17_19-30-44.png

My Device Manager (also Win10Pro-64) shows (I have no dongle, just the native Dell BT):
upload_2018-4-17_20-23-47.png

The first, fourth, and fifth devices are BT headsets and speakers. So you are NOT showing the LE service; is your native BT driver updated?

Interesting....

Also, I have been using DiveLogDT on my Mac and DiveLog for iOS for quite a while with my Suunto. I purchased the Shearwater download option in the app recently and I am happy to report that it works flawlessly and it was really easy. That syncs both ways between app and computer as well as backing up to the cloud. It was more ideal for me since I have all my other dives in that ecosystem already and also solves my problem with not being able to connect my older Mac to my Perdix AI.

This has become my workflow as well for what sounds like identical reasons.

My old workflow was sync my Suunto via cable to DiveLog on the PC, add additional data and notes, and then sync the log to my phone (iOS).

Tried to get BT sync from my Perdix working on my Windows 10 PC with no luck (plan was to replicate the old workflow).

So I turned it around. I now sync the Perdix to my phone, enrich the data there and then sync the log to my PC later. This has the added benefit that I’m capturing the extra data in real time and not trying to remember until I get home.

Back
Top Bottom