Rude Divers on the Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harbour clean up dive.....over 1m of silt on the bottom. It was fairly clean on descent, but imagine what pulling stuff out of that silt did to a viz?
Over 60 divers on small space, so I couldn't see my hand if stretched straight. After two hits ( luckily without consequences), I adopted elbow bent arm in front of my face. Couple more hits, but none to my face. I did get hith by someone dropping a sack full of bottles on my head,so medieval armour next
viking.gif
( imagine how much lead I could drop from my belt)?
As for someone being rude, I do look as hostile as Fred:blinking:, so no problems so far. A friend of mine did ruin viz on every dive we did together, due to buoyancy control (or lack of), but after polite suggestion of adding just a little bit more of air, with explanation why, ​he improved and no hurt feelings.

Had similar with an insta buddy on my last dives - his buoyancy was all over the place. Did think about having a word but seeing as I am only a newb with 8 dives to my name and he has about 50, I felt a bit intimidated.

I try to maintain a reasonable distance in the water. It's harder to do this on the boat. However, smaller boats have less divers, so that is an option to limit the number of problems with people.

I'm openly hostile to people I don't like, without attempting to intimidate or overbear.

Just leave me alone, or be nice. Everything will be fine.

Step into my space being a d1ck and I'll make sure I let you know about it.

Works very well for me at cave sites where some divers can be ridiculously pushy in very tight situations on the surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do look as hostile as Fred:blinking:, so no problems so far.

LOL!!

I'll take it.

I may look hostile, but I only act with hostility when prompted by ill-intentioned idiots, not unexperienced people who don't understand what's going on.

No harm done here, guys. We're all friends.

kiss_poster_460.jpg

I'm openly hostile to people I don't like, without attempting to intimidate or overbear.

Just leave me alone, or be nice. Everything will be fine.

Step into my space being a d1ck and I'll make sure I let you know about it.

Works very well for me at cave sites where some divers can be ridiculously pushy in very tight situations on the surface.

FINALLY I REALIZE I'm NOT ALONE!!!!!

THANK YOU!!

When someone has just moved your primary line belay for the cave without saying anything to you, it's hardly rude to push them into the sump pool wearing their under suit...

lol...

hey... just be nice and we're all good.

I'm just a geeky dork who knows how to defend himself very well.

Sometimes words are all that are required.

I had my rebreather resting next to the Cabouy entrance pool under positive pressure when someone walked up to it and kicked it out their way.

I sternly said "Oi you fornicating gentlemens implement. You better vacate the area sharpish before I relocate your head to a darker part of your anatomy"

They left, I saw them a few other times that trip and they didn't kick my rebreather again.

Sometimes words are all that are required.

I had my rebreather resting next to the Cabouy entrance pool under positive pressure when someone walked up to it and kicked it out their way.

I sternly said "Oi you fornicating gentlemens implement. You better vacate the area sharpish before I relocate your head to a darker part of your anatomy"

They left, I saw them a few other times that trip and they didn't kick my rebreather again.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's exactly how I solve my problems!!

Can I steal that line? I REALLY hope that's verbatim (although I wouldn't bet my life savings on it...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom