Rude Divers on the Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't worry Fred, they can admonish us for our actions, but we'll enjoy our diving days rather than moaning on the Internet about the people who ruined them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added December 22nd, 2015 at 09:06 PM ----------

Can I steal that line? I REALLY hope that's verbatim (although I wouldn't bet my life savings on it...)

I may have replaced a word or two to comply with the boards rules...

It happens around these parts with 5'-10' vis and OW students all nervous and kicking while trying to descend. Or following the trail and silting everything up ending up in front of eachother, and no one can see anything.

this is EXACTLY what caused me to do it on top of the other circumstances.

I kind of made fun of my boyfriend for not being aware LOL. And I quickly learned how not to use my hands while i'm buoyant.

And I will never forget the woman who got buck naked in front of my husband because obviously wearing anything under a wet suit is not mandatory.

Which dive shop was this? Is she a regular? You don't happen to have her number do you? :)

Bah, nudity (intentional or accidental) on a dive boat should be expected. It's not rude, it's just the way it goes. While most people do try to cover up, we're all born with more or less the same bits... it's not like we haven't seen them before, especially as adults. Unless someone is making unwanted advances/gestures/"inappropriate" conversation, or something similar, a little bit of brief nudity never killed anyone. At least not that I've ever heard of before.

The only thing I find overly rude is being overbearing and disrespectful of other people's limited space. Even that depends upon what country I'm in and what the social norms are there regarding personal space. Be it smoking, generally "overstepping" your own allotted space for "too long" a period of time, or just being loud and obnoxious I don't abide well with people being inconsiderate of those around them.

That said, I'm sure I've been guilty of it myself in the past and I try not to overreact since that's basically the same type of behavior. Anyone being aggressive because they think they've been maligned falls into the same category. (Potential damage to one's personal property/health/whatever does occasionally warrant a slightly exaggerated response, in my opinion, but that's a case-by-case basis and mostly is about whether someone made a mistake or was just being an ass-hat.)

Back
Top Bottom