Berating an "Instructor" on a dive boat. How should I have handled differently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just wanted to follow up with everyone. Was back in Florida Christmas week, diving a bunch. One day, we were gearing up on the boat, and the guy next to me was asking the crew about local dive shops where he can get hired. He then said he was hoping to find a local shop that would hire and train him to be a DM and Instructor. Curious, I asked how long he had been diving. He said he was certified 3 months ago, and he has "14 logged dives". I smiled, wished him the best of luck and went back to my gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Um.....I admire his enthusiasm............if not his nievity......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The Padi standards require and Padi pro to file a quality management report for with your Padi office if you personally witness a Padi standards violation."

There are a lot of bad instructors out there. It is important to our reputation as professional diver to make sure standards are followed. I find it disturbing to see all of the mind your business posts. At a minimum for someone to point out to the instructor that he should be considerate of the other divers... On the other hand if the instructor is teaching unsafe practices he deserves to be called out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom